× Members

Waiting for interview - new evidence - necessary?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162783 by AlexS
Hello there

I sent off my PIP forms a couple of months ago and am now waiting to be called in for interview (very rural area so god knows when!).

At the time I sent off the forms I had a formal diagnosis (in place for over a decade), but was receiving no treatment or medication although my diagnosis was confirmed by my medical team TO DWP.

Following a massive battle with the hospital/MP/going to the papers I'm now being treated and getting medication (for MH problems).

Should I forward this to DWP?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162790 by Gordon
Alex

Has the medication and treatment affected your problems with completing each of the PIP activities?

If your limitations have reduced then you must tell the DWP about this, the address to write to will be on the letter about your PIP claim that you will have received.

If your problems remain unchanged then there may be an advantage to your telling the Assessment Provider that you are now receiving treatment and medication although you should make it clear that the contents of your PIP2 is still applicable as there has been no change in your limitations.

You can contact your AP via the following map, which will tell you who manages your area

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...pip-postcode-map.pdf

and then

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Contact ATOS

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexS

More
7 years 9 months ago #162818 by AlexS
Thank you Gordon, I've contacted my AP with the information. It makes sense to do it now rather than whipping out letters/medicine boxes on the day!

More
7 years 9 months ago #162823 by AlexS
Well that was unexpected. 15 minutes after I contacted the AP the postie delivered a letter saying that the AP has passed their findings on to the DWP and no face-to-face is necessary. So now I guess it's just a waiting game!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #163594 by AlexS
Dear Gordon

I have just received my award letter for PIP - standard daily rate until 2019! I thought I'd have been awarded more, but I'm thrilled nonetheless and couldn't have done it without you and your team here at B&W!

I initially posted months back following "poor advice" from CAB which met with an out-and-out refusal of PIP, which is when I came to you and you recommended I either appeal (which might be tricky) or to re-apply. I re-applied in my own words and here I am!

Thank you again,

Alex

More
7 years 9 months ago #163622 by Gordon

AlexS wrote: Dear Gordon

I have just received my award letter for PIP - standard daily rate until 2019! I thought I'd have been awarded more, but I'm thrilled nonetheless and couldn't have done it without you and your team here at B&W!

I initially posted months back following "poor advice" from CAB which met with an out-and-out refusal of PIP, which is when I came to you and you recommended I either appeal (which might be tricky) or to re-apply. I re-applied in my own words and here I am!

Thank you again,

Alex

Glad you have received an award you happy with.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.