× Members

Waiting for interview - new evidence - necessary?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163634 by slugsta
Great news Alex! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168578 by AlexS
hello again

After I'd had time to consider my award I decided to put in a MR.

I have had my daily points increased by 1 point to 11 and again awarded 4 points for mobility.

The assessor made several references to my lack of physical impairment and my full mental capabilities.

As someone with severe mental health problems I have no argument with the physical side, however, the mental health side *does* place physical limitations upon me due to the anxiety etc.

I have little paper evidence to support my claim due to basically the lack of mental health provisions and this particular disorder(s). It's very much a case of "oh yes, you do have it, off you trot". Even the CPN I was given only visited 3 time as she had to move on to the next patient.

I'm not OK if I'm honest with myself. Within these 4 walls life pretty much goes on assuming someone brings me food!

Because of the location (over 2 hours from from a 'visiting' assessment centre) and a 12 hour ferry ride to a tribunal venue, my fear is that once again it would be paper-based and I'd be no further on.

Again, because of the geography I'm unable to access physical advocacy and to be honest I just don't know what to do anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168628 by Gordon
Alex

Just to confirm you are asking about an appeal for a Mobility award?

Can you reasonably see how you can score the extra four points that you need for an award?

It sounds as if you scored the 4 points for

b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points.

If this is the case then you will need to show that you meet

e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points.

You may struggle to do this without medical evidence.

If you want to request an appeal then you will need the MR Notice and will have to complete an SSCS1 form, there is a link to this in the PIP Appeal guide, there is also instructions on how to complete it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.