× Members

Pip Points advice needed ASAP

More
7 years 9 months ago #162378 by ejayne72
Pip Points advice needed ASAP was created by ejayne72
:( i am horrified. after being on dla for many years for having severe mental health difficulties following a severe trauma, i am so worried to see that the new pip questions really do not allow enough flexibility to describe how ill someone can be with mental health issues. the choices of answers don't cover some of the key issues with such a complex health issue.

i am too scared to complete the form and not sure how to, to be completely honest.

has anyone with mental health issues/severe depression managed to complete it and come out with a high scoring?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162448 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP

em wrote: :( i am horrified. after being on dla for many years for having severe mental health difficulties following a severe trauma, i am so worried to see that the new pip questions really do not allow enough flexibility to describe how ill someone can be with mental health issues. the choices of answers don't cover some of the key issues with such a complex health issue.

i am too scared to complete the form and not sure how to, to be completely honest.

has anyone with mental health issues/severe depression managed to complete it and come out with a high scoring?

thanks

I guess the first question is whether you have received a PIP2 to complete or not?

We certainly have members who have been awarded PIP due to their mental Health issues, but it's not really the conditions that are being considered but the effects that they have on your ability to complete the PIP activities.

As some examples; do you have problems starting activities such as preparing a meal or bathing or dressing due to a lack of interest? Do you have OCD issues that mean that you can only complete tasks in a particular way and that they take your far longer than a healthy person would? Do you have issues relating to other people?

These would all be reasons for you to score points for PIP and could lead to an award.

Please have a look at the PIP Claim guide for more details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have more questions then please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162484 by Kerrygold50
Replied by Kerrygold50 on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
Please do not be afraid, I applied for PIP in August 2014 and was given high care for 3 years with no medical required.

Follow the links on here and try and provide as much information as you can. Also I enclosed letters from a very good friend who has to do a lot of things for me, she explained what she had to do and why.

Please, many people go through the process with mental health and get fair awards

More
7 years 9 months ago #162518 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
I also feel like em.
Havn't been asked yet but fear the offer will come sometime in the future.
Is there a leaflet to download to help a person with a mental illness applying for PIP?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162532 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP

Roidininki wrote: I also feel like em.
Havn't been asked yet but fear the offer will come sometime in the future.
Is there a leaflet to download to help a person with a mental illness applying for PIP?

PIP doesn't really distinguish between mental health issues and physical ones, the PIP Claim guide covers both. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

More
7 years 9 months ago #162759 by DCR
Replied by DCR on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
I have no physical health conditions but I have severe anxiety and depression. i've gone from an indefinite award of DLA to 0 points on PIP. and i can honestly say its been the most stressful experience that I've had to go through over the past 12 months. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

These people have no idea how to assess mental health and their outcomes are appalling.
People with mental health issues are being hung out to dry like lambs to the slaughter with this government.

I wish you every success

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.