× Members

Pip Points advice needed ASAP

More
7 years 9 months ago #162782 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
hi hope you dont mind me replying ,but i totaly agree with you on way they dont seem to take mental health as a severe illness ,you might not look ill on the outside but that doesnt mean your not suffering daily ,i too suffer severe anxiety and depression and sufferd agrophobia for many years,, i applied for pip and wasnt awarded either ,, i requested for a MR and that also came back with same decision,so now have sent off to appeal, waiting now for there reply , been since feb since initial call i made to apply for pip ,,i guess this is going to be a long road .but ime determined to see it through the end as hard as it is ,they realy need to look at the way assesments are done ,how can someone possibly come to a decsiion after 30 mins of a assesment ,,my report like yours was horrendous ,,lies upon lies ,they shoudnt be aloud to get aay with it ,,it just making the ill get iller ,. wish you good luck in your journey ,hope you get what you deserve ,.
alison,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162824 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
please can someone help me. I am currently filling in the new P.I.P form as am being transferred from DLA. I understand that in order to qualify for the enhanced rate, 12 points are needed. But what i don't get is, are 12 points needed for each individual question, or is it 12 points minimum in total of all the questions?

i ask because for example, qu 1 only gives you a total score of 8 points.

thank you in advance - a very worried claimant.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162825 by ejayne72
thank you to every one who has taken the time to respond. i am sitting here now working my way through the questions. it is a very scary time as have no one to really rely on, though the support from this website is invaluable. i will keep you updated along the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162842 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
Hi Em,

I have merged your query with the previous topic about your PIP. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place.

The points needed for the PIP awards are scored across all the care descriptors (for care) and the 2 mobility descriptors (for mobility).

If you have further questions or comments about your PIP claim, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162865 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Pip Points advice needed ASAP
I agree
although they have just awarded me standard care but I have lost the mobility element

the woman who interviewed me certainly did NOT understand mh but just kept insisting I don't get upset, so if I began to, she would go on to a different topic

at the end she asked why I wasn't really happy since it was all over - when I said well it isn't over is it, as I have to wait for the decision - she replied 'well that's the game'
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole thing was exhausting and added massively to my general distress, so much so that within 5 days I was back in hosp with another OD

but of course they don't know that, and don't care either

More
7 years 9 months ago #163938 by ejayne72
Well, i have just spent 4 days straight completing the form. Have included pages and pages of medical evidence. Thing is inam too scared to post it now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.