× Members

ESA review seems to be taking a while

More
7 years 9 months ago #163171 by MrFibro
ESA review seems to be taking a while was created by MrFibro
Hi to all,

On 24th may 26 I completed & sent off my ESA50 renewal form, obviously via recorded delivery.

Its now been 7 weeks and I still haven't heard anything from them as in regards to my filled out ESA50 review form.

Albeit I sent off my PIP renewal form at the same time of the ESA, and I had an assessment at home weeks ago.

Seems strange the PIP kicked in first rather than the ESA

Is the DWP waiting to see the result / report of my PIP Renewal claim, before calling in for an ESA assessment review.

Or could it be there's some backlog going on which is slowing my processing down?

Or could it be due to the recent and present UK political situation

kind regards

:dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163190 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA review seems to be taking a while
Hi MrF,

The ESA and DLA/PIP departments of DWP barely communicate with other other, it is highly unlikely that one is waiting to see the result of the other before proceeding.

It is far more likely that the assessment providers are bogged down in your area, slowing down the claim. Although most members find that things progress quickly, we also have heard from people who have not had an assessment after more than 2 years!

You can contact Maximus/ HAAS to see what is happening, it will not have a deleterious effect on your claim.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro, Prudent

More
7 years 9 months ago #163238 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic ESA review seems to be taking a while
Mine took 3 months this time

More
7 years 9 months ago #163239 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic ESA review seems to be taking a while
This time mine took 3 months. I sent off my PIP form at the same time too and had an face to face and answer on that then weeks later got the ESA decision.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163366 by Prudent
Replied by Prudent on topic ESA review seems to be taking a while
I sent my ESA form in on 27/4 and have not got an assessment date yet. I posted my PIP form on 9/6 and have my assessment tomorrow.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163384 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA review seems to be taking a while

Prudent wrote: I sent my ESA form in on 27/4 and have not got an assessment date yet. I posted my PIP form on 9/6 and have my assessment tomorrow.

There may still be delays in your area, give Maximus a call for an update.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.