× Members

PIP TRIBUNAL

More
7 years 9 months ago #164187 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
Hello Alison,
When i read what the Capita assessor wrote about David i too was so shocked too think how hard it was for my son too face them and the effort it took too get him too attend....
She wrote that David climbed the stairs with ease,and David touched his toes with ease,we never stated that he couldn't,we were not after the mobility just the care, she stated that David spoke well ,and that he had good eye contact !!!.....
David never looked at her and he rambled and stuttered his way through it all....
They really are doing their job well,they are saving the gov thousands of pounds as they stated they would,just for the reason that those who have no support too appeal are losing their benefits !!
My advice too you would be to ignore everything that the Capita adviser wrote about you as it is all lies ! what you need too concentrate on is too show the tribunal how difficult it is for you too cope with daily life ....too show them that you need care ,and the aids you need for mobility is the aid of a carer too make sure you arrive at your destinations safe ,and too encourage you too leave the house ! your carer is your aid ,not a walking frame or stick but your carer...This is what i told the tribunal,as i receive carers allowance for my son, i am his aid !
I know the tirunal are very busy,Davids benefit officer told the judges are so angry with Capita at the problems they are causing,and they know what they are up too,so they will know as soon as they see you ,that you have been treated unfairly!
Yes Alison,get people who live with you too write letters about how they see you struggling with everyday life...did you not ring the town hall too ask about the Benefit Officers Alison? they really know their stuff!!
It took maybe 4 weeks for a appointment date too come for us after the letter went back in ..it is a very stressful time...but we have too fight for our rights !!
Hope i have given you the answers you have been looking for Alison,if not ,please ask away!
You have been having a hard time of late,but i do believe you will find the courage too face this and remember after you have the result you are aiming for ,you wont have too worry for maybe 2/3 years again..
Brenda x
The following user(s) said Thank You: alison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164195 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
hi brenda , yes i rang them today and was given the number that mind had already given me ,it is a welfare benifit rights worker i believe who deals with appeals ,, so rang them again today to be told the woman isnt going to be back in work untill the end of month hopefully,!! rang CAB also just to see if anyone there would be able to see me quicker but was told they dont have a appeals worker there and give me same number again ,so doesnt look like there anyone else in my area that covers appeals apart from this lady , was told she will ring me soon as she is bk in work ,explained ime very anxious as worrying if the paperwork comes from dwp and ile only have so long to send back i believe,.they said because ive put down on form i want a oral hearing not to worry as they can inform the tribunal of them being my representative ,ive been typing up some submissions today and saving it to my documents with my daughters help as not very good on laptop ,so i can add things to it if need be ,used the help on the appeal guides on here which has been very helpfull,. yes what you said about an aid is correct ,as the 4 point i had for need prompting to undertake a journey or plan one seems to be what the majority of people are getting for MH, descriptor , i do believe i should of had the 10 points ,or even the 12 but i think ide be pushing it for that,.lol.. but wele see, uve been so fab in reasuring me and giving advice brenda thanks soo much ,i will let you know how i get on , thanks again ,
alison,x

More
7 years 9 months ago #164197 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
Alison

If it's an Oral hearing then you will be notified of the hearing date and you can submit evidence up to seven days before that date, you should have at least three weeks but it may well be a lot longer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164208 by alison
Replied by alison on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
hi gordon ,
thankyou for replying , i did put in the appeal form i wanted a oral hearing as was advised to do that from catchup because the lady who deals with appeals was on sick and they told me if i wanted to change it to paper then i could do so by writing to the tribunal, ive decided now to go ahead with the oral as dfficult as it is going to be for me to get there .never mind get through it but going by the statistics i may have a better outcome by attending than a paper hearing as my medical evidence is limited due to a unhelpfull new GP and still waiting for treatment and therapy due to being on never ending waiting lists so maybe me being there to answer there questions would give them a better understanding,, also the hearing will be happy to say only 6 miles away from where i actualy live so it not to far a journey as long as my daughter is with me in car to support me throughout i may just be able to get through it ,although the thought terrifies me and feel physicaly and mentaly drained with the whole process ,,ive not had the paperwork send to me yet with all info from my claim ,after recieving this how long do you get to send your info back to them gordon ? and will it have the date and time of the hearing also ,,
thanks, alison,

More
7 years 9 months ago #164225 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
Alison

As I said in my previous post you will receive notification of the date and time of your hearing from the TS and you will have until seven days before the hearing to submit and information that you want.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164289 by thomas51
Replied by thomas51 on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
Alison ,
Good Luck,and we wish you well...always here if you need a chat or a little support ,just leave me a reply and i will check on a daily basis and always reply too you .
brenda x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.