× Members

Type 2 diabetes

More
7 years 9 months ago #163821 by elainewillis
Type 2 diabetes was created by elainewillis
Hi, I am receiving PIP for various medical problems, about 2 months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm having trouble with the medication due to the side effects. I want to know if I should apply for PIP for this condition. Any advice greatly received. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163830 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Type 2 diabetes

Elaine wrote: Hi, I am receiving PIP for various medical problems, about 2 months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I'm having trouble with the medication due to the side effects. I want to know if I should apply for PIP for this condition. Any advice greatly received. Thanks

Just to confirm, you already have a PIP award?

Has the medication reduced your ability to complete the PIP activities? If it has, do you think that you would score the extra points required for a higher award?

If can't see how you would get a higher award then the DWP won't be bothered if you don't notify them of a Change of Circumstances.

If you do, then you should write to the DWP about the change, but be a\ware that it will result in a full reassessment of your claim, with a new PIP2 being sent and likely a face to face assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: elainewillis

More
7 years 9 months ago #163940 by elainewillis
Replied by elainewillis on topic Type 2 diabetes
Hi, I already receive PIP for various health problems. Have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I have informed DWP who have sent me out a new form. I am useless at filling in forms and would be most grateful if any members who have successfully been awarded for this condition could give some me some much needed advice on wording "how diabetes effects your daily life" any help greatly appreciated, Thanks.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163952 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Type 2 diabetes
Hi Elaine,

Although it does not specifically deal with diabetes, the PIP guide has suggested wording for each of the questions on the form

PIP help for claimants

Members are, of course, welcome to respond from their own experience.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163997 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Type 2 diabetes
Elaine

What PIP award do you already have?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164083 by elainewillis
Replied by elainewillis on topic Type 2 diabetes
Depression/anxiety
osteoarthritis both knees
sleep apnoea
high blood pressure
hyperhidrosis
high cholesterol
double incontinence

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.