× Members

Pip assessment at physiotherapist

More
7 years 8 months ago #165199 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist
Well it has been over 6 weeks since my assessment so I bet you I will receive my decision before i receive my assessment report! Why do you think they dont want people seeing their reports before they are told their award?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165237 by Tcake
I read on another forum that someone had rang the dwp for a copy of their assessment recently and were told they they now only send out a report within 10 days if the claimant was making an appeal against the decision. They were also told that if they only wished for copy for their records then they would need to write to the local benefits office (via the post handling centre in Wolverhampton) and such a request would take some time!

So it seems that the staff at the DWP don't all say the same - the two people I spoke to last week and the week before both told me there were staff shortages and backlogs and therefore I would just have to wait for my report!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165382 by Tcake
Your opinion please? My DLA ends in November and it has been 6 1/2 weeks since my PIP assessment (and still no sign of a copy of my assessment report which I asked for almost 3 weeks ago - which may be irrelevant) , however, I was wondering do you think the DWP wait until nearer an applicants DLA is about to end before giving them their award if the reward for PIP entitled them to more money than they were receiving on DLA?? Wouldn't it make sense to them to do this as it would be saving them money in the long run as they wouldn't have to backdate the PIP???

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165394 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist
I am as certain as I can be that the delay is down to workload and inefficiency rather than anything else!

Whenever the PIP decision is made, and whatever the decision is, the DLA will remain in payment for a further month before the PIP decision is enacted. There is no backpayment of PIP when it is a transfer from an active DLA claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tcake

More
7 years 8 months ago #165399 by Tcake
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #166588 by apotter
Replied by apotter on topic Pip assessment at physiotherapist
Thank you for your advice Gordon, I phoned again today and asked for a copy of the assessment, spoke to a nice helpful guy who said if I hold on the line he will print it out straight away so that he wouldn't forget, which I think he did, he also mentioned that it was 28 pages long - one of the biggest he had printed, said it would be in the post today and I should get it by the weekend. Your advice is invaluable to people like me so again thank you,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.