× Members

In ESA Support group but have received an ESA 50?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164048 by maybelle
I have remained a member here for a number of years now, despite eventually winning all of my appeals, years ago.

I first applied for ESA in 2009 and had to fight for a couple of years for Support group placement (after a year in WRAG then a year or so of appeals against "fit for work". In Dec 2012 I also won DLA, Higher mobility and Middle rate care. My husband is now my main carer.

I've only mentioned this because, out of the blue, I have received an ESA50 (04/15). I thought they would leave me alone now, but apparently not.

After burying our heads in the sand, we now need to complete this (just scares me too much, we did go through hell, before 'winning' all the appeals).

I've left this too late now (has to be in 27/7) to seek advice, but really curious as to why this and why now? Has Anyone ever had this questionaire sent to them, despite ESA and DLA indefinite 'highest' awards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164049 by Gordon
maybelle

Although it was the case under Incapacity Benefit that claimants receiving the highest rate of DLA care were excused from reassessment this is not the case for ESA where all claimants should expect to be reassessed on a regular basis.

This is a full reassessment of your claim and you need to complete the ESA50 in as much detail as you can, within the available timescales, and provide evidence to support your claim as you can, even if it is information that you have already supplied.

You should look at the latest ESA Claim guides at top of the page on the following link, there have been changes to the Descriptors, Regulations and guidance since you were last assessed.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

There is no extension available for completing an ESA50, so you should make sure that your form is returned on time even if not complete, failing to do so can result in your claim being closed. If you are unable to complete the form then provide the additional as a separate letter and send it on to Maximus (the current Assessment Provider) as soon as you can.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: maybelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.