× Members

ESA Assessment people contacting my Doctor.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164385 by jpg2502
i received a form through for my REASSESSMENT a few weeks ago, sent it back but with no 'doctors evidence' as the form stated if i havent already got any health documents then i should just send the form as it is without acquiring any for the sake of the form, to be honest from what i can gather from other stories they do not pay any attention to doctors notes etc anyway do they? :unsure:
however i have had a phone call from my doctor asking me to come in as he has received forms he needs help filling in, this happened when i applied for PIP aswell but they gave me a medical before the doctor even had time to send the forms back!! :ohmy:
the information is not likely to be any different to the last time i had an assessment so any idea why they have contacted my doctor? is this just standard, and are they going to pay any attention to anything he says anyway?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164408 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Assessment people contacting my Doctor.
Hi Jay,

Assessors do not usually consult your previous records. Therefore we always recommend sending in (copies of) all your evidence each time.

It is actually not common for DWP/assessment provider to contact the claim,ant's GP, they only do this in around 25% of cases, so you certainly should not rel;y on that in future!

The Decision Maker is supposed to take all evidence into account. However, it is up to them to decide how attention to pay to each thing.

May I suggest that you favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA (I assume?) without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164456 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic ESA Assessment people contacting my Doctor.

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: Hi Jay,

Assessors do not usually consult your previous records. Therefore we always recommend sending in (copies of) all your evidence each time.

It is actually not common for DWP/assessment provider to contact the claim,ant's GP, they only do this in around 25% of cases, so you certainly should not rel;y on that in future!

The Decision Maker is supposed to take all evidence into account. However, it is up to them to decide how attention to pay to each thing.

May I suggest that you favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your ESA (I assume?) without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

yes good idea, i have bookmarked the page. :)
any idea for what reason they contact the doctors in this 25% of cases?

More
7 years 9 months ago #164485 by slugsta
There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168312 by jpg2502
Replied by jpg2502 on topic ESA Assessment people contacting my Doctor.
i am wondering how long it takes to hear again after the doctors information has been sent off, as its been 6 weeks. is this normal?

More
7 years 7 months ago #168335 by slugsta
Hi Jay,

ESA decisions are only taking a few weeks in many cases. It might be worth contacting DWP to find out what is happening (or you might feel that your ESA is still in payment at the moment and you would prefer to leave well alone!).

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.