× Members

With a heavy heart please help

More
7 years 10 months ago #164591 by holdingout
With a heavy heart please help was created by holdingout
I did the PIP 1 a few days or so ago over the phone for my husband owing to his very bad hearing.
They asked me would I like to have the old DLA records used , I said yes but am very scared that they may only use these at the consultation because there out of date.

When I did the PIP 2 form I sent loads of new info and drs letters, but am now scared that they will only use the old dla stuff from 18 years ago. Will they at our consultation use the new pip 2 form and evidence we sent in or jus the old stuff from ages ago that I told them to use. worried sick over this point.

From start to finish, Pip 1 on phone, then 5 days later Pip 2 -- now just 6 days later consultation appointment on the 10th August with Atos locally.

So scared for my husband and myself because if they don't allow him the PIP we lose

Carers

car

care allowance

will have to pay for his 7 prescriptions

I will have to pay my national insurance stamp

Our rent help will go down by £30 a week

what we will have to live with during any appeal would be

No income for either of us

and we would have to start paying £300 towards our rent a month

What would or can we do if we get to an appeal situation to live we have no saving at all

This is not a whinge this is our life, and we have no idea what to do if dla is not allowed to pip because we truly end up with no income whats so ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164611 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic With a heavy heart please help
holdingout

Both the assessor and the DM will use the information in your PIP2 and the evidence you have attached to it.

Please try and stay calm about your PIP claim, although sites like B&W have lots of members who are having problems with their claims they actually only represent a small percentage of the total claims being made and the reality is that the majority of claims are carried out professionally and the claimant receives the award they deserve.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164620 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic With a heavy heart please help
Hi Holdingout,

You are obviously terribly worried about this :( I hope it is reassuring to be reminded that PIP has no bearing on whether you are entitled to free prescriptions, nor on your NI credits. These are both related to ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: holdingout

More
7 years 10 months ago #164623 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic With a heavy heart please help
But I work from home on my computer earning £50 a week, if we lost everything my wife would not be my carer and would have to still take care of me, and would then have to pay national insurance owing to no longer receiving carers allowance to look after me.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164625 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic With a heavy heart please help

holdingout wrote: But I work from home on my computer earning £50 a week, if we lost everything my wife would not be my carer and would have to still take care of me, and would then have to pay national insurance owing to no longer receiving carers allowance to look after me.

Of course. Sorry, I spoke without thinking it through :blush:

More
7 years 10 months ago #164630 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic With a heavy heart please help
You see in my case the last 18 years my gp now 4 of them said I could have DLA but had to stop work, I aksed if I could be a writer, and I write using a speech to word, this gives me an disabled tax credit, and my wife as my carer, I only earn £50 a week,

so in my case if I lost sla to pip we lose everything

my wife for first time in 18 years would have to pay national insurance

my tax credit would go down by £60 a week

I would lose my car

our rent and rates help would change now not being in a protected group

I am not on ESA nor would I ever go through such a process Dla as been bad enough over last 18 years

we know for sure that our living costs are £1675 a month all in

if we don't get dla to pip we will only have in total £238 benefits £200 earnings

we will be over £1237 short what will make that up bearing in mind I cant work or hear, and am in constant pain, even if I went on esa that's no where near what we need to live on.

I cry my self to bed every night with worry, because we know it can be unjust, and we truly have no savings or anyone who could help while we appeal. I am afraid we become homeless with no money after 37 years of marriage. we read the stories, our heads are filled with loads of stories I just want to go in 12 days time into meeting head held high, with my proof letters , and be my self, instead I will be scared if I move the wrong way, sit the wrong way, turn the wrong way, speak out of line, pick something up, bend , look worried, walk to quick, the things people have written on here, be careful walking into building, don't go up stairs, don't bend, don't move to quick, don't say you had to walk from car park, the girl on reception will be reporting your every move, the person seeing you will be looking at you walk towards the room, and hundreds of other things, I am 60 now, I feel like I could have a heart attack at any moment, I cant cry with fear anymore, I have a list of disabilities that even I don't know how to cope with anymore, this is truly a make or break my life moment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.