× Members

Dla award should I get sdp with sea

More
7 years 9 months ago #164881 by JO
Hi I've been on sea for a few years now and dla mobility for over 20 years I got awarded dla lower rate care couple of years ago should I of been receiving SDP with my esa. Also due to condition getting worse I informed change curcuma tankers in April/May to DLA then in June I got a letter saying they got my letter and I need to claim pip which I have but surely from the letter I informed them I need more help etc surely my dla award should be amended until I get decision or will it be back dated with pip decision

j wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea

JO wrote: Hi I've been on sea for a few years now and dla mobility for over 20 years I got awarded dla lower rate care couple of years ago should I of been receiving SDP with my esa. Also due to condition getting worse I informed change curcuma tankers in April/May to DLA then in June I got a letter saying they got my letter and I need to claim pip which I have but surely from the letter I informed them I need more help etc surely my dla award should be amended until I get decision or will it be back dated with pip decision

The Severe Disability Premium requires a DLA Medium or Higher Rate care award.

I'm afraid reporting a Change of Circumstances automatically triggers an invitation to claim PIP, the change will be considered as part of your PIP claim, your DLA will remain at the current rate until a Decision on your PIP claim is made.

Please have a look at our PIP Claim guide for assistance with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JO

More
7 years 9 months ago #164978 by JO
Replied by JO on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea
Hi yes I had my medical with capita received a text saying they have all evidence they and they will be in touch with a decision hope I get this soon. Do u know if my pip gets back dated to the day imapplied for this which was on around 1 June it's all confusing and worrying my letter did say when I filled how my disability affects me that my dla will end 4 weeks they get this back

j wright

More
7 years 9 months ago #164990 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea
As you are currently on DLA, this will continue for 1 month after the PIP award is made, then the PIP will come into effect. There is no backpayment in these circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JO

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris