× Members

Dla award should I get sdp with sea

More
7 years 9 months ago #164881 by JO
Hi I've been on sea for a few years now and dla mobility for over 20 years I got awarded dla lower rate care couple of years ago should I of been receiving SDP with my esa. Also due to condition getting worse I informed change curcuma tankers in April/May to DLA then in June I got a letter saying they got my letter and I need to claim pip which I have but surely from the letter I informed them I need more help etc surely my dla award should be amended until I get decision or will it be back dated with pip decision

j wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea

JO wrote: Hi I've been on sea for a few years now and dla mobility for over 20 years I got awarded dla lower rate care couple of years ago should I of been receiving SDP with my esa. Also due to condition getting worse I informed change curcuma tankers in April/May to DLA then in June I got a letter saying they got my letter and I need to claim pip which I have but surely from the letter I informed them I need more help etc surely my dla award should be amended until I get decision or will it be back dated with pip decision

The Severe Disability Premium requires a DLA Medium or Higher Rate care award.

I'm afraid reporting a Change of Circumstances automatically triggers an invitation to claim PIP, the change will be considered as part of your PIP claim, your DLA will remain at the current rate until a Decision on your PIP claim is made.

Please have a look at our PIP Claim guide for assistance with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JO

More
7 years 9 months ago #164978 by JO
Replied by JO on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea
Hi yes I had my medical with capita received a text saying they have all evidence they and they will be in touch with a decision hope I get this soon. Do u know if my pip gets back dated to the day imapplied for this which was on around 1 June it's all confusing and worrying my letter did say when I filled how my disability affects me that my dla will end 4 weeks they get this back

j wright

More
7 years 9 months ago #164990 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Dla award should I get sdp with sea
As you are currently on DLA, this will continue for 1 month after the PIP award is made, then the PIP will come into effect. There is no backpayment in these circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JO

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.