× Members

Leaving my job due to illness and claiming ESA

More
7 years 8 months ago #164924 by Gordon

Welshlady1212 wrote: Thank you so much for your advice. I feel a weight has been lifted.

When it comes to esa - my husband works 10-15hes a week. So would I get contributed esa as I paid enough n.i

For Contribution Based ESA they will look at your NI Contributions during the Tax Years 2013-14 and 2014-15. Your husbands working hours will not be a factor.

Income Related ESA is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164927 by Ruby
Hi welshlady

I just thought I woukd let you know that I received contributory ESA when my SSP ended and did not resign from my job. After a year on ESA my employer sent me to Occupational Health who decided I was no well enough to return to my job.

I then received payment in lieu of my notice and holiday pay so dont rush to resign without advice.

Best wishes
Ruby
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.