× Members

PIP is there a PDF version of form?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165051 by Cath
I have just received the dreaded DLA ends please apply for PIP form for my son who was on an indefinite DLA award, couldn't believe it, I just completed his ESA application a few weeks ago and although still in assessment phase was placed in the support group for Sept. I used the PDF version of the form and then printed and sent it as they are easier to read than my handwriting. I can't find one for the PIP is that correct that we have to use the original sent paper form? If so I will still be typing full answers for all questions and attaching them as additional sheets. Is this not a backward step to have no PDF version? Or am I just not locating it? I hope your advice works again as I am so sick of filling in forms now. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165054 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP is there a PDF version of form?
Cath

There is not an electronic versions of the PIP form, every page has a bar code that is unique to you, you can however prepare the bulk of your answers in a word processor and attach the sheets to the back of the form.

Just make sure that it is clear where your answers are, so write "answered on page X" on the form and on the page "answer to question Y", number all pages "page X of Y" so it is easy to see if one is missing and make sure that your full name and National Insurance Number is on the top of each attached page.

Attach the pages with a staple in the top left of punch a hole in the top left of the form and all pages and use a treasury tag or piece of string or ribbon to bind everything together.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165056 by Cath
Replied by Cath on topic PIP is there a PDF version of form?
Thank You Gordon, I did a similar thing with his ESA form. Does the PIP form have much space to actually write answers as I found the space provided on the ESA form was ridiculously tiny to give any informed answer.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165057 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP is there a PDF version of form?
No, there is not a tremendous amount of space on the form! It's probably better to put the whole answer on the supplementary sheet rather than half on the form and the rest on the sheet.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rh

More
7 years 8 months ago #165058 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP is there a PDF version of form?

Cath wrote: Thank You Gordon, I did a similar thing with his ESA form. Does the PIP form have much space to actually write answers as I found the space provided on the ESA form was ridiculously tiny to give any informed answer.

The space isn't too bad, my personal opinion is to not split your answer across both the form and extra pages, as I feel it invites the assessor to only read part of what you have written.

Gordon

More
7 years 8 months ago #165060 by Cath
Replied by Cath on topic PIP is there a PDF version of form?
Thank you again I will follow your advice. Isn't it just great these things seem to arrive during the summer holidays too as if we weren't busy enough looking after a severely disabled adult. If I get stuck I will get back to the forum.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.