× Members

PIP and Driving a Car etc

More
7 years 8 months ago #165509 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic PIP and Driving a Car etc
Thanks, Porthole Pete. Only just read your kind comments and encouragement. They're so very much appreciated.

Am feeling pretty defeated as nurse assessor didn't want to know about my deteriorated physical mobility and the DWP have already texted to say they have all the info they need for their decision. So after shredding all my evidence for DLA from 2002 onwards, I know for sure they haven't even contacted my doctor.....I can feel an MR coming...... B)

If I ever get through all this, I'm going to hunt down my MP and find out why nobody in the Scottish Borders could support me. None of the so-called advocacy/mental health organisations would step up to the mark. Not in their remit and lack of funds were the standard replies. Curiously, the CAB gave no reason whatsoever! The Scottish Borders is the pits for support though, and possibly the most poverty-stricken area of Scotland in my humble opinion!

Get this! I have a Housing Support Worker while I wait for suitable ground floor accommodation yet she isn't allowed to have me in her car for viewings! It's a farce. But thanks again for your kindness, it goes a long way to pulling me away from the negativity that claiming inevitably brings. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.