× Members

No evidence present in DLA file!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165244 by benion
No evidence present in DLA file! was created by benion
Just got a letter from PIP people.
"Thank you for your recent request for us to re use your DLA medical evidence. We have obtained your DLA file but no evidence was present. Therefore no medical evidence has been forwarded to the PIP Benefit Centre".
What does this mean? Did I get DLA with no medical evidence? The claim was made in 2009 shortly after I got out of a psych ward and I was still very ill and do not remember much about the claim-a woman at Welfare Rights filled it all out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No evidence present in DLA file!

benion wrote: Just got a letter from PIP people.
"Thank you for your recent request for us to re use your DLA medical evidence. We have obtained your DLA file but no evidence was present. Therefore no medical evidence has been forwarded to the PIP Benefit Centre".
What does this mean? Did I get DLA with no medical evidence? The claim was made in 2009 shortly after I got out of a psych ward and I was still very ill and do not remember much about the claim-a woman at Welfare Rights filled it all out.

Exactly what it says :)

Your DLA file is empty, likely the contents were destroyed under the DWP's data retention policy, so it is down to you to provide any evidence to support your claim.

Moderators are not usually on over the weekend, as a result post will often not appear in the forum until the Monday.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
7 years 8 months ago #165320 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic No evidence present in DLA file!
Hi Benion,
I was awarded indefinite DLA in 2002 and was asked if the PIP assessors could use my DLA evidence too. The same thing happened. Had a letter saying my file was empty. The welfare benefits lady who filled in my PIP form (very badly!) said the same as Gordon, adding that they probably have to pay for storage too. Please do try and provide your own evidence as I had a home PIP assessment this morning and it turns out they haven't even contacted my GP.

Good luck!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165346 by benion
Replied by benion on topic No evidence present in DLA file!
All I can get is letters from my GP and private psychologist confirming my diagnoses. They will not put any more than that.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165352 by benion
Replied by benion on topic No evidence present in DLA file!
I have done a SAR for my medical notes, but my experience of previous SARs is this will take months to come through.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No evidence present in DLA file!

benion wrote: I have done a SAR for my medical notes, but my experience of previous SARs is this will take months to come through.

Requests to your GP surgery should only take a couple weeks, a request for hospital records will be longer but shouldn't be months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.