× Members

Extended period of sick - Esa

More
7 years 8 months ago #165267 by Confused.com
Extended period of sick - Esa was created by Confused.com
Hi all not sure if I'm in the right place with this OH has recently failed ESA assessment being awarded only 9 points we have lodged Mandatory reconsideration with the help of this website and also applied for pip whilst awaiting a decision we have had to claim JSA he has a current fit note till end of August and certainly will get another is he entitled to the extended period of sick as his advisor keeps discouraging it.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165317 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Extended period of sick - Esa

Confused.com wrote: Hi all not sure if I'm in the right place with this OH has recently failed ESA assessment being awarded only 9 points we have lodged Mandatory reconsideration with the help of this website and also applied for pip whilst awaiting a decision we have had to claim JSA he has a current fit note till end of August and certainly will get another is he entitled to the extended period of sick as his advisor keeps discouraging it.

Thanks in advance

He can be excused from any Job Search obligations for up to 13 weeks if supported by a Fit Note.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165466 by Confused.com
Replied by Confused.com on topic Extended period of sick - Esa
Thanks for replying do we need to get a new fit note even though he has the one until 24/8 also will I still have to meet my job search commitments as I care for him

More
7 years 8 months ago #165469 by Gordon

Confused.com wrote: Thanks for replying do we need to get a new fit note even though he has the one until 24/8 also will I still have to meet my job search commitments as I care for him

If, on the 24th he has not exhausted the 13 weeks then he needs to provide another Fit Note, if his 13 weeks are up on the 24th then a further Fit Note will not be accepted and he will become liable to a Job Search requirement, it should be possible for him to negotiate this to take account of his caring responsibilities but there is a minimum requirement that he will need to meet in order to continue to receive JSA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165475 by Confused.com
Replied by Confused.com on topic Extended period of sick - Esa
Thank you sorry I may have confused matters he is the sick one I have to look for a job up to 20 hrs per week he has to look for work up to 20 hrs but isn't expected to apply for anything very confusing !! His work coach when asked said applying the 13weeks extended sick would not benefit him don't see how not as surely this is claiming a benefit which he's not eligible for.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165476 by Gordon

Confused.com wrote: Thank you sorry I may have confused matters he is the sick one I have to look for a job up to 20 hrs per week he has to look for work up to 20 hrs but isn't expected to apply for anything very confusing !! His work coach when asked said applying the 13weeks extended sick would not benefit him don't see how not as surely this is claiming a benefit which he's not eligible for.

JSA advisor are only interested in one thing, getting a claimant into work, they seem to work on the basis that no ESA Fit for Work Decision is ever wrong, so see the 13 week sick period as an inconvenience.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.