× Members

Gutted.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168302 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Gutted.

Annis wrote: Yeah, but you would think someone on the max dose of co-codamol and 10 anti-inflammatory tablets a day would be believed when they say the pain is significant!

I think that the DM will have assumed that your prescribed pain medication adequately deals with the pain that your conditions cause, I know from personal experience that this is not always the case.

What terminology did you use to describe your residual pain?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168329 by Annis
Replied by Annis on topic Gutted.
I said that my drugs take the edge off the pain I am in, but that my hands, for example, constantly throb and burn despite that, (at the WCA I likened it to having someone beat them with a hammer) and that most of the things I have to do day to day still cause sufficient pain to stop me doing them - eg the sharp pain I get when trying to cut food with a knife. The tablets also don't stop my back from hurting constantly, whether I am sitting, standing or lying down. I pointed out that taking the maximum dosage left me feeling spaced out. My doc is reluctant to give me anything stronger because of this. She tried me on Tramadol, but they didn't work.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Gutted.

Annis wrote: I said that my drugs take the edge off the pain I am in, but that my hands, for example, constantly throb and burn despite that, (at the WCA I likened it to having someone beat them with a hammer) and that most of the things I have to do day to day still cause sufficient pain to stop me doing them - eg the sharp pain I get when trying to cut food with a knife. The tablets also don't stop my back from hurting constantly, whether I am sitting, standing or lying down. I pointed out that taking the maximum dosage left me feeling spaced out. My doc is reluctant to give me anything stronger because of this. She tried me on Tramadol, but they didn't work.

You need to show that your pain limits your ability to complete the ESA activities, the key phrases are "significant discomfort", "significant pain" which is considered to be worse than significant discomfort and finally significant exhaustion.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.