× Members

PIP assessment over at last

More
7 years 8 months ago #167420 by benion
Replied by benion on topic PIP assessment over at last
Asperger's syndrome is the form of autism that is not linked to learning difficulties. I have never claimed to have learning difficulties or a cognitive impairment, but the assessor was so naive about autism she did not understand that.
I actually got 100% on my A level maths exam, however if you ask me how much something costs I could not tell you. I explained this to her. I explained that 6 months after moving into a house someone asked me if it was terraced or detached and I had to step outside my house as I had genuinely never noticed.
I am actually very angry about the whole thing. I have spent a year of my life under various sections of the mental health act but that seems to count for zero as I am not an inpatient at the moment. I lost my job as a doctor through ill health and if I did not have bipolar I would be on 100k a year now. I always saw my DLA as a little bit of compensation for my lost career.
I also wrote to them explaining a F2F was totally inappropriate as it would make me ill. They still sent me 30 miles away to a centre and I have spent the last week thinking I was under surveillance and being followed. It is only doubling the dose of one of my meds that has taken an edge off my paranoia.
I do not intend to appeal nor will I ever attend another assessment again. With the power of hindsight I bitterly regret attending the assessment I have been to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167422 by benion
I should add that I am now going to consult with a mental health solicitor about the deterioration in functioning this whole process has caused. If I can I will take them to court over what they have done to me. They have failed to follow their own guidelines which is for vulnerable customers they should get additional evidence to see if a F2F can be avoided. They have not spoken to any professionals in my case and I was very clear with them this process would make me ill, which it has.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167423 by benion
right just contacted dwp. a case mgr is going to call back. Process of kicking up one almighty stink has begun.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167425 by benion
solitude, I hope you do not mind, but I have checked out your other thread, where you state you have depression, anxiety and agoraphobia.
Actually depression can cause cognitive impairment (I would say in my case being put in psych ICU under a section is a pretty big cognitive impairment). If you were not depressed at grammar school but depressed now you have developed an impairment.
This idea that depression is some fixed impairment that started when you were born and has not changed since is utterly ludicrous and is actually disablist.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.