× Members

PIPS Can I start Legal Proceedings against DWP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168519 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic PIPS Can I start Legal Proceedings against DWP
Cipolar

I think you need to follow the Appeal to the FTT initially.

However!
If you are successful at appeal you could do one or both of two things
1. Complain to the Nursing & Midwifery Council(NMC) about the HCP (Nurse). You will need their name and if possible their NMC PIN (PIN is their NMC registration number)

2.Misstatement, especially when the person making the statement is required by law or their professional ethics and rules has a duty of care to you, is what the Law calls a TORT. If you suffer loss or damage because of it you could sue both the Nurse and whichever company carried out the face to face, they are jointly liable., You will need proper legal advice from a Solicitor for this.

A Solicitor may take on your case before the Appeal Tribunal if they thought you had a strong enough case. Success would probably be a good piece of evidence to present to the FTT.

bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168527 by Chris77
Thankyou Gordon.

Because of the useful information I have got from the website, I made sure I took the decision letter to my psychiatrist, he was outraged by the DWP report and the evidence puts me into a criteria of high points with the specific areas dealing with the problems I face as opposed to just saying I have bipolar disorder.

But with the advice you gave me about contacting Capita I think this is a great idea, for all I know this man could have been fired. If he is lying to the DWP on my assessment am pretty sure he must be doing so on others.

Do you know how long I am allowed before starting the appeal process, just incase this does not work.

I much appreciate your help and have tried to help some other people on the forum having got this far down the line. My medical evidence gives me more than 20 points in mental health and mobility. It deals with specific points in relation the the categories rather than just saying my bipolar is very bad.

Thankyou for helping

More
7 years 7 months ago #168533 by Gordon
Cipolar

You should not wait for any complaint that you make to Capita to be processed, it is considered to be a separate process. and the most likely result of a successful complaint is that a new assessment would be required.

You need to request an appeal within one month of the Decision Date, there are links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete in the PIP Appeal guide and instructions on how to complete the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris77

More
7 years 7 months ago #168544 by Chris77
Thank you very much Bill.
That information is very helpful and I feel confident enough with this information, particularly regarding TORT that I can start proceedings before an appeal as I feel I have overwhelming evidence of items mentioned, but he has not reported my suicidal feelings which considering the number of deaths related to the suicide from going through this procedure, thought they would covering themselves on this and I did think that he has not shown me a duty of care in reporting some of my behaviour. Clearly I did not need to see an assessor as he has just wrote what he wanted.

I would strongly urge others to use the subject access request suggested by this site to obtain information from the DWP if you get the wrong decision as I have obtained a lot of information that capita wrote and can use that against Capita now.

Bill its clear to see why Capita destroy their paperwork !

Many Thanks, will speak to solicitor Monday

More
7 years 7 months ago #168576 by soontjen
Replied by soontjen on topic PIPS Can I start Legal Proceedings against DWP
it seems common practice for them to just lie you see a pattern they lie about the same things . I think they start off refusing you then fill the form in to suit .
In my medical report the nurse wrote was noticeably out of breath walking up stairs and into the room 35 meters ? no more than 10 meters
she then summed up by saying I believe he would have no problem walking 200 meters aided or unaided .
she also stated my heart tablet wasn't prescribed for heart ?
They should face a tribunal for lying making our lived hell for financial gain
it was a god send to find this forum .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.