× Members

Permitted Work - Payment over threshold question.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173542 by JediCP
Theoretically, when an ESA claimant is undertaking permitted work, if they are overpaid by 1p over the permitted work limit - the ESA claim stops right there and then.

Under the ESA linking rules, would they be able to restart a claim and link it to the old one if this were to happen?

I'm considering doing permitted work, but I'm concerned that one day I may be overpaid slightly and then loose my contributions based claim?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Summerlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173571 by Gordon

JediCP wrote: Theoretically, when an ESA claimant is undertaking permitted work, if they are overpaid by 1p over the permitted work limit - the ESA claim stops right there and then.

Under the ESA linking rules, would they be able to restart a claim and link it to the old one if this were to happen?

I'm considering doing permitted work, but I'm concerned that one day I may be overpaid slightly and then loose my contributions based claim?

One penny or one minute over the limits will result in the ESA Claim being closed, you can make a rapid reclaim under the Linking Rules but would lose at least a week's ESA depending on how long you were outside the PW rules.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Summerlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris