× Members

esa3

More
7 years 3 months ago #178274 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3

sandra1 wrote: Sorry, forgot to ask. Would I have to let housing benefit/council tax benefit know. I already have to make up a shortfall in my rent, will I receive less housing benefit. I have been exempt from council tax, will that change do you know. Best wishes.

If you qualify for ESA(IR) Then it should assist with your HB although most councils are far more aware of your circumstances than the DWP are and are often paying the right rates anyway, but it would not hurt to inform them if you get an ESA(IR) payments and especially if your mother stops claiming CA for you, if indeed she actually is in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178846 by harmony1
Replied by harmony1 on topic esa3
hello again. I think I got a bit confused. The advisor who got me sent the esa3 form was originally talking about income related esa top-up. I think I have been missing out on the enhanced disability premium, is that about £15 a week?. Also, i checked with the carers service to see if my mum gets C/A. They said because she is a pensioner and gets state pension and pension credit, she has underlying entitlement for C/A and receives a carers premium of £34 in her pension credit. So the lady from the carers service said i wouldn't get severe disability premium. I passed this onto the welfare advisor who looked in her "book" and said i was entitled to SDP and is sending me another form. I'm not sure whats right, i think i am entitled to EDP, but not sure about SDP, can you advise please. Many thanks again.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178853 by Gordon
Sandra

The rule is that someone has to being paid Carers Allowance to prevent the Severe Disability Premium being paid, as you mother is not being paid CA due to her pension you should be able to make a claim for the Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #178863 by harmony1
ok, thank you, but just to clarify, my mother gets underlying entitlement, which is a carers premium of £34 in her pension credit. When i asked the carers service advisor about this she was insistent that anyone who's carer gets C/A will not get SDP, but i said she only gets a carers premium. She still said no. Please can you, if possible, tell me what is the difference between C/A and carers premium. Is carers premium not in any way related to C/A. Shall we call them again to double check? Kind wishes.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178869 by Gordon

sandra1 wrote: ok, thank you, but just to clarify, my mother gets underlying entitlement, which is a carers premium of £34 in her pension credit. When i asked the carers service advisor about this she was insistent that anyone who's carer gets C/A will not get SDP, but i said she only gets a carers premium. She still said no. Please can you, if possible, tell me what is the difference between C/A and carers premium. Is carers premium not in any way related to C/A. Shall we call them again to double check? Kind wishes.

Carers Allowance is paid (or not) to CA claimants. The Carers Premium is paid to claimants as part of their Income Related benefits, such as Pension Credit.

The provision to ignore someone with an entitlement to CA but not receiving payment is specific to the CA, not the Premium, so it does not matter that she is receiving the Premium.

The Carers Unit are very good at their jobs but this is an ESA issue not a CA one.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: harmony1

More
7 years 3 months ago #178873 by harmony1
sorry to sound so thick, but does that mean that carers premium isn't c/a. thank again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.