× Members

esa3

More
7 years 5 months ago #178006 by harmony1
esa3 was created by harmony1
Please can you help me. I applied for a warmer home discount and was contacted by an independent welfare advisor who asked me to send in my benefit award letters to see if I qualify. I am currently in receipt of contribution based esa, support group, and high rate care and low rate mobility dla. She phoned me back when she received them and told me that I was being underpaid by £65, I get £221 a fortnight on esa c/b at the moment. She really didn't explain it thoroughly to me though She then said why don't I contact the dwp and enquire about it, I said no I didn't like talking to them as I have mental health issues and I can't cope with that stress, I have been feeling extremely suicidal all xmas and new year, She suggested a 3 way conference call over the phone and she would speak to them, I would just have to pass the security checks, I said ok, and the dwp agent asked me a few security questions and said she would send me out an esa3 form. After she hung up the independent welfare advisor then asked me if I had a carer I said yes she said " oh, that's why you didn't get the extra money. So, today I got the esa3 form through the post. To my horror its a form for re-assessment for income related esa, and it says because I have told them about a change in my circumstances, but I didn't, the welfare advisor did. Do I have to pursue this claim. I can't go through all that stress again, it nearly killed me last time, they lost all my medical evidence before and it took 8 months to resolve it. Can I just ring them and tell them that I don't want to pursue this and my circumstances haven't changed, the independent welfare advisor didn't explain what she was going to do or ask me if I had a carer. Can I just stay put on c/b esa, instead of having to fill all these forms out again, go through a wca and await a decision that might make me more ill. What happens if I don't send the forms back, will I just stay in the c/b esa support group. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #178013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3
Sandra

To try and reassure you this is an assessment of your financial situation and not of your claim in general.

It is up to you whether you complete the form or not, if you don't want to then you need to tell the DWP that you won't be returning it. I can't see it being an issue, it's only you that would potentially lose out.

It depends on your circumstances but you may be eligible for some Income Related ESA to be paid on top of your current ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #178021 by harmony1
Replied by harmony1 on topic esa3
Many, many thanks Gordon, god bless you. Its just the form says re-assessment and asks about your health condition and Dr's details and who signs certificates, but, I don't send in certificates. I'm confused. Also, it says I might be asked to do a wca and wfi, and if I don't complete and send back forms within the month it may affect my money. Thanks again.

More
7 years 5 months ago #178095 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3

sandra1 wrote: Many, many thanks Gordon, god bless you. Its just the form says re-assessment and asks about your health condition and Dr's details and who signs certificates, but, I don't send in certificates. I'm confused. Also, it says I might be asked to do a wca and wfi, and if I don't complete and send back forms within the month it may affect my money. Thanks again.

This doesn't sound like an ESA3!

The ESA3 look like the following.

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/136119/re...ch/3/ESA3%201012.pdf

or is it an ESA50?

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...rk-questionnaire.pdf

If it is the latter then you are being reassessed and you must complete the form and return it by the required date or you risk your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #178113 by harmony1
Hi Gordon, just looked at form again and it says it is an ESA3 10/24. But does say on the cover ESA application for re-assessment.

More
7 years 5 months ago #178114 by harmony1
Sorry, forgot to add. I cannot download the link you posted, for some reason, so don't know what it looks like either.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.