× Members

esa3

More
7 years 3 months ago #178167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa3
Sandra

I've double checked the links they should open as either a new tab or a new browser window, you should not be trying to download them.

If it says ESA3 then it is just a financial reassessment on your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178230 by harmony1
Replied by harmony1 on topic esa3
Hi there, I have managed to look at the document link that you posted for ESA3. It is exactly the same as mine, but it does say re-assessment on the front. Is this definitely just a financial assessment? Not a medical assessment. Also, Also the welfare advisor I spook to previously on the phone said I would only get some of the money back for the esa premium that they didn't pay me as my mum was getting underlying entitlement for carers allowance. Where do I find out how much my mum is being paid extra, as there is a question on the form regarding this. I have looked at her state pension and pension credit payments and she doesn't seem to get much more than she should. Many thanks.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178246 by Gordon
Sandra

The ESA3 is definitely only used for a financial reassessment to see whether you are eligible to any Income Related ESA that may be payable.

The issue of your mother receiving Carers Allowance against your DLA or PIP claim is that it prevents you from receiving the Severe Disability Premium (about £60 per week). She will be receiving a payment for the CA and a Carers Addition as part of her Pension Credit.

If she is not receiving payment of the CA, for example she is receiving the State Pension in which case it will be paid in preference, then she should consider closing her CA claim so that you can receive SDP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #178265 by harmony1
Ok Gordon, thank u very much for your re-assurance. I was informed by the welfare advisor that i wouldn't receive the full SDP as my mum gets some of it, but she said I should've got about £14 of it, and I should ask for this to be backdated from the start of my ESA claim in 2012. Does that sound right to you? If so, could you point me in the direction of where to find out where I could see what or if, she is getting extra money in her pension credit with her underlying entitlement please. Would it be the pension service or the disability service/carers service. Many thanks.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178269 by harmony1
Sorry, forgot to ask. Would I have to let housing benefit/council tax benefit know. I already have to make up a shortfall in my rent, will I receive less housing benefit. I have been exempt from council tax, will that change do you know. Best wishes.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178272 by Gordon

sandra1 wrote: Ok Gordon, thank u very much for your re-assurance. I was informed by the welfare advisor that i wouldn't receive the full SDP as my mum gets some of it, but she said I should've got about £14 of it, and I should ask for this to be backdated from the start of my ESA claim in 2012. Does that sound right to you? If so, could you point me in the direction of where to find out where I could see what or if, she is getting extra money in her pension credit with her underlying entitlement please. Would it be the pension service or the disability service/carers service. Many thanks.

Sorry to be rude about your advisor but the more you say about them the less they seem to know!

I'm afraid the SDP is not sharable or divisible. Either you receive all of it or your receive none of it, certainly you will not receive about £14 of it.

Her entitlement letter should clearly identify the Carers Addition if it is being paid, but failing that get her to call the DWP.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance-unit

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.