× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(

More
7 years 5 months ago #178870 by Rachel
Replied by Rachel on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(
As Gordon stated, the information you were given was wrong. I am using the same condition on my Fit Notes for JSA as I did for ESA.

Perhaps you could try and see another Work Coach at the Job Centre or see if they have a Disability Advisor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amanda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #178875 by Amanda
Replied by Amanda on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(
Hi Gordon,
I will be appealing and will take this to a tribunal. Shall I enclose my sick note with SSCS1 form as my local JC will not take them?
Many Thanks
Amanda

More
7 years 5 months ago #178881 by Nickjb
Replied by Nickjb on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(
Just my experience regarding appealing. Like yourself found fit for work scored 0 points. I wouldnt sign on though as had no intention of looking for work so I requested MR and was turned down so appealed and got ESA lower rate whilst appealed. That was Mar/Apr last year the appeal in July which was upheld and I was put in support group - moral from me - appeal and I wish you all the luck!

More
7 years 5 months ago #178886 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(

Amanda wrote: Hi Gordon,
I will be appealing and will take this to a tribunal. Shall I enclose my sick note with SSCS1 form as my local JC will not take them?
Many Thanks
Amanda

No, Thje Tribunal Service have nothing to do with actually paying benefits, there is no point in sending your fitnote to them. Keep them to one side and you will be able to get the basic rate of ESA backdated (if you have not been paid JSA for that period) once the TS have notified DWP that they have accepted your claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #178887 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(

Amanda wrote: Hi Gordon,
Many Thanks
Amanda

No, Thje Tribunal Service have nothing to do with actually paying benefits, there is no point in sending your fitnote to them. Keep them to one side and you will be able to get the basic rate of ESA backdated (if you have not been paid JSA for that period) once the TS have notified DWP that they have accepted your claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #178924 by Amanda
Replied by Amanda on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Failed :(
Hi Rachel,
Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately our local JC does not have a Disability Advisor they are waiting for someone to be appointed and they could not advise me!! But i will keep trying.The JC are giving me the same advice that i cannot in any circumstances hand in a Fit Note that has the same condition on as the one that i attended the ESA Medical for. Many thanks it makes me feel a little better when there is someone out there.
Amanda x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.