× Members

Another PIP Medical Question

More
7 years 3 months ago #177986 by Jasmine3234
Replied by Jasmine3234 on topic Another PIP Medical Question
Thanks Gordon for your reply.

The first person I spoke to was at DWP. He was the one who advised me to phone ATOS for a home visit. Also that he would put a request in for a paper based decision.

I then phoned ATOS and she said she would put a request in for a home visit and that not to worry about the original Medical Appointment as she has cancelled it. I asked if I could be penalised for this and she said not at all.

So, who makes a paper based decision? Is it ATOS or the DWP decision maker?

Sorry to be a pain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178002 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another PIP Medical Question
Jasmine

Assessment decisions are made by the Assessment Provider, in this case ATOS.

Please take my warning seriously we have another member who was in a similar position and assumed that the existing appointment would be cancelled, it wasn't and they did not attend, their benefit was stopped and they are currently having to appeal the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #178011 by Jasmine3234
Thanks Gordon, I totally get what you are saying and I will make sure I follow up next week to make sure this has happened.

It is just so stressful that you can't even trust the information given over the phone.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178244 by Jasmine3234
I have been granted a home visit from ATOS.

I have never had to have a medical before for DLA (HR Care and HR Mobility). If anyone can give me any advice as to what to expect from a home visit I would be grateful. I have read your guide to medicals, but wondered if anything differed in a home assessment.

Many thanks.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another PIP Medical Question

Jasmine3234 wrote: I have been granted a home visit from ATOS.

I have never had to have a medical before for DLA (HR Care and HR Mobility). If anyone can give me any advice as to what to expect from a home visit I would be grateful. I have read your guide to medicals, but wondered if anything differed in a home assessment.

Many thanks.

Home assessments for PIP are not significantly different from those held at the assessors offices. The assessment information will be entered into a laptop, the order of questions will be same and I would expect any physical examination to be the same with exception of any test for blood pressure or respiration, which might not be done if they do not have the equipment wit them.

If you have read the section on assessments in the PIP Claim guide then there is not much more to add.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasmine3234

More
7 years 3 months ago #178262 by Jasmine3234
Thanks Gordon.

How about things like how clean or tidy your house is. Could they actually ask to look around upstairs for instance?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.