× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Refused

More
7 years 2 months ago #179818 by Gillian Hill
Mandatory Reconsideration Refused was created by Gillian Hill
Hi have had Mandatory Reconsideration refused and still not had copy of assesment. I have only until 3Feb to Appeal! I I was deducted 2 points as well :evil: I have decided to go ahead and appeal and will send letter off that. My question is My Carers are family 2 have written lengthy letters clarifying what they do how and why etc they have also tried to clarify where they think DM has either misinterpreted what was said at home assesment or misunderstood. Do you think this will be enough. Worried,scared,upset :sick:

Wackywitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Refused
G

The letters will certainly help but you need to go back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to make sure you have shown that you meet the criteria to score the points you think you should have received.

In particular pay attention to the use of "reliably" an "on the majority of days" and that you understand the relevant Descriptors and how they apply to you, you need to bring your problems to the Descriptor and not the Descriptor to your conditions.

Have a look at the PIP section for help with your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #179887 by Gillian Hill
Replied by Gillian Hill on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Refused
Thanks have looked over my form haven't had assessors report requested it on 27th Nov. I have tried to point out where the assessor may have misunderstood as there were from DMs decision quite a few contradictions and a great deal of things that were not accurate re the assesment.

Thanks for the reply and for all your wonderful advice and guidance. Truly grateful ☺

Wackywitch

More
7 years 2 months ago #179931 by SandyT
Replied by SandyT on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Refused
I never actually received a copy of the assessors report myself until i took the matter to a tribunal. Not sure if this is a standard practice or just the way it worked for me.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Refused

SandyT wrote: I never actually received a copy of the assessors report myself until i took the matter to a tribunal. Not sure if this is a standard practice or just the way it worked for me.

Assessment reports are not sent to claimants as standard, they have to be requested.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #179982 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Refused

SandyT wrote: I never actually received a copy of the assessors report myself until i took the matter to a tribunal. Not sure if this is a standard practice or just the way it worked for me.

A copy of the assessment Reprt should be included in the case papers that DWP send to the FtF, and a copy is sent to you HMCTS

When aplying fior an appeal you do not to give only brief reason why you are appealing.

When you recieve the "bundle" from the FtF you should then prepare a submission debunking the DWP submission and Asserssment, Showing why you meet the relevent Discriptors and the evidence this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.