× Members

Please could I have help with PIP appeal

More
7 years 2 months ago #183774 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic Please could I have help with PIP appeal
Hi

Sorry, with reference to your comment below, I understand what you mean about new evidence but I don't understand what you mean by the rest of it

'In this situation I think you need to concentrate on the things that you can have an effect on, from what you have said finding new evidence is going to be a real problem, so spend your time putting the best case you can forward to the Tribunal is where you can have the most effect.'

As my welfare officer has undermined using the challenges to the credibility of the report, not only she won't do it but she has undermined me trying to do it also. So it is this specifically that I need to know about using the 50 challenges guide to challenge the report myself and whether this is a good idea?

Thanks
AC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please could I have help with PIP appeal
AC

What I am saying is that you can make difference to your appeal by writing a submission explaining why you should receive an award because you have shown that you meet the Descriptors to receive one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
7 years 2 months ago #183824 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic Please could I have help with PIP appeal
Dear Gordon

Thank you for explaining that point

but I am also asking about challenging the credibility of the assessment in the submission as per '5O ways to challenge' guide and whether this is a good idea? because my welfare officer has undermined the whole thing and I don't know whether that is right? that might just be her opinion and that might be wrong and so I need some advice whether to do the above?

thanks
AC

More
7 years 2 months ago #183835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please could I have help with PIP appeal

angelcake wrote: Dear Gordon

Thank you for explaining that point

but I am also asking about challenging the credibility of the assessment in the submission as per '5O ways to challenge' guide and whether this is a good idea? because my welfare officer has undermined the whole thing and I don't know whether that is right? that might just be her opinion and that might be wrong and so I need some advice whether to do the above?

thanks
AC

It's entirely up to you, this is your appeal, but if you do deal with the report then it should be secondary to your showing that you meet the criteria. I know I keep saying this on the forum but showing the assessment report is in error will not result in an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.