× Members

Cardiac arrest...going from DL

More
7 years 2 months ago #183508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cardiac arrest...going from DL

KathyS wrote: I would be grateful if someone could post a link to the document that MikeM mentioned because I cannot find it - sorry!

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dwp

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KathyS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183518 by MikeM
Replied by MikeM on topic Cardiac arrest...going from DL
Hi,
I have a question re thisDLA medical guide, i thought about printing out and highligbting the affects that heart failure has left me with. After all its the DWPs guide lines. I believe ihave severe heart failure now...which says about may needin help getting outof the bath, possibly house bound, moving around etc. Yet i have to appeal, even though they have written this guide. I know its a so called different benefit but its ths same illness with the same effects!!
Best wishes
Mike

More
7 years 2 months ago #183546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cardiac arrest...going from DL

MikeM wrote: Hi,
I have a question re thisDLA medical guide, i thought about printing out and highligbting the affects that heart failure has left me with. After all its the DWPs guide lines. I believe ihave severe heart failure now...which says about may needin help getting outof the bath, possibly house bound, moving around etc. Yet i have to appeal, even though they have written this guide. I know its a so called different benefit but its ths same illness with the same effects!!
Best wishes
Mike

There's no reason why you shouldn't include prints from it, but it is geared to a claimants care needs and these are not considered by PIP, which is why the DWP no longer use it. For it to have any real effect you need to link the content to your ability to complete the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.