× Members

Motability Car

More
7 years 2 months ago #183453 by suzyb
Motability Car was created by suzyb
Just wondering if the DWP are behind letting Motability know if you are not entitled to enhanced rate. I got the result of my assessment on January the 19th spoke to Motability and they have told me the process.
I called them just over a week ago and they said DWP have not let them know anything yet and to wait, i could not take the car back early or I would not get my deposit back pro rata or the allowance they are giving if you lose the car. I wont have to pay anything it is not my fault just to wait.
Felt a little anxious about it wondering what you thought ?

many thanks for advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #183468 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Motability Car
Suzy

As you are not responsible for payment of your Mobility allowance to Motability, I would leave it to the DWP to sort out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #183485 by shirley
Replied by shirley on topic Motability Car
I got my decision a month before you and my car is only just going back. Monday in fact that is only after 3 phone calls to motorbility. I had jumped the gun believing the car would have to go back quickly and arranged a lease car. My new car has had to be delayed as I couldn't just take it back. Dwp make their own rules up as they go along. If you haven't made any other arrangements just enjoy having your car a bit longer

More
7 years 2 months ago #183486 by suzyb
Replied by suzyb on topic Motability Car
Thanks for the advice I will just wait then.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris