× Members

PIP Assessment - Physical Tests

More
7 years 1 month ago #185493 by AlexBloomsbury
PIP Assessment - Physical Tests was created by AlexBloomsbury
Hi

F2F assessment next Wednesday – esp scared at assumptions that seem to be made.

Not sure what tests they can do re my epilepsy but the physical observations seem to be that if one can reach a handbag/take a coat off etc. then all’s well.

My problem’s with my left hand/foot (hemi-paresis post childhood stroke)+ hips - 2 accidents - so bending down's OK as is taking my coat on and off but are they likely to dismiss the physical things altogether just because I can do these?

I need something to take the papers in but could it better if I don’t take a bag/coat? Could they even mark me down because I can take notes?

Stupid that we even have to think of these things

Many thanks

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment - Physical Tests
Alex

Without knowing your physical problems it's difficult to say, but the fact that you can remove a coat without problem will lead to assumptions about your ability to Dress and Undress and there could be other assumptions depending on your grip.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #185526 by Brens
Replied by Brens on topic PIP Assessment - Physical Tests
I did not need to take my coat off even for the very brief physical examination where I was sitting on the couch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexBloomsbury

More
7 years 1 month ago #185561 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Assessment - Physical Tests
The assessment is primarily based on observation as PIP is about how well you perform certain activities. The assessor will be observing everything you do from the time they first see you, even outside the center. They can and do make many assumptions from seemingly innocent actions and tests like how you hand over your ID, if you pick something up, how you sit and my favourite, the pinch and power grip test. Nothing to worry about but just be aware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexBloomsbury

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.