× Members

Please help = No backpay AND less money

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186275 by nemo
Replied by nemo on topic Please help = No backpay AND less money
Yes, I was told in writing it was mandatory, but my Seetec advisor makes sure the appts are at an inconvenient time for me. He knows when I volunteer and often gets me to call right before I have to leave (and yes, I have taken this up with them - they don't listen). Despite this I have only missed one appt. Someone at the Jobcentre even said they thought their treatment of me was excessive.

I have phoned the DWP and they say that the sanction is still in place, my advisor still hasn't told them to lift it. Tried phoning my Seetec advisor and manager - one is on holiday, the other just not in the office.

So I have to challenge the decision now? What does that involve? I have had to go through a Mandatory Reconsideration before and I don't wish to repeat the experience.

Thanks for answering my questions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186294 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please help = No backpay AND less money
nemo

If you want to overturn the sanction then I'm afraid the only way to do this with be an MR.

You will have to chase your advisor or their supervisor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186405 by nemo
Replied by nemo on topic Please help = No backpay AND less money
Just received another form through as well. I think I'd rather continue with the sanction than go through another MR. I'm just not well enough right now (the irony). Thanks very much for your replies and help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.