× Members

Phone call from DM about PIP Review

More
6 years 9 months ago #192608 by mariaz18
Replied by mariaz18 on topic Phone call from DM about PIP Review
We got assessment report back from DWP and ATOS have recommended Enhanced Daily Living and Standard Mobility.
Just wanted some advice.
As we all know that nearly all reports and usually inaccurate. Firstly:
1) The assessor has stated on two separate occasions on the report that my mum 'walked to the assessment room that is 10 meters away very slowly, with a stick and with the support of his son', then again 'walked to the assessment room that is 20 meters away very slowly, with a stick and with the support of his son'
Just wanted to ask that doesn't this show that my mum is unable to reliably and safely walk even if it is 20 meters when she needs the support of a stick plus her son?
Also i know that i risk the award if i ask for a MR but is it possible to ask just for the mobility part to be look at?
Obviously i need to wait for the actual award letter before making any movement.
Thank for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192635 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Phone call from DM about PIP Review
Maria

The assessors comments may support your mother's walking being restricted but I don't think it is assured, although it says "very slowly" is there an explanation of what this means? Is there any mention of the time it took? Did she stop at all? Was she visibly in pain? If none of these things are mentioned then it will be difficult to show that reliability is an issue.

Using a stick and the assistance of her son is accounted for in the activity.

The DWP will look at both components when doing an MR, it's unlikely that the Daily Living component will be effected but there is a risk that you need to consider.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.