× Members

Waste of time and money

More
6 years 11 months ago #189403 by James45
Replied by James45 on topic Waste of time and money
I am all in favour of free speech, but the downside of it is many of the posts on web forums are misleading and wrong. So I am glad the moderators here make an effort to correct the misleading advice posted on forums with less moderation.
The advice they offer would be too expensive if you had to pay a solicitor for it. But, as has been pointed out, it can't guarantee a successful benefit claim to everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189422 by centreduba
Replied by centreduba on topic Waste of time and money
l can only add what has been already said in that the mods do a wonderful job offering their help and advice on here to everybody as to devote quite a bit of their time to help others is truly very selfless and generous IMO.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189427 by Kazzy
Replied by Kazzy on topic Waste of time and money
I thank every single moderator. Yes we get our wits end! I appreciate we harbour anger & frustrations about these appalling changes but maybe you've just your nose to spite your face here. That's unfortunate for you. Wish you luck.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189453 by Egrion
Replied by Egrion on topic Waste of time and money
I had only a very short time to prepare to go to the tribunal with my son - I think he wasn't really going to try. I found the guides invaluable and with their help was able to prepare a short document directing the tribunal to areas of evidence to show that PIP should be awarded. It was and my son went from 2 points in total at initial assessment to more than 13+ and 4 for mobility and an award for 5 years.

• Starry Sky
6 years 11 months ago #189458 by Starry Sky
Replied by Starry Sky on topic Waste of time and money
Thank you - Gordon, bro, Shelam and Mrs Hurtyback, for the invaluable work you do on this site. I and many others are extremely grateful.

You work tirelessly, and repeatedly offering advice and updating all of the guides to help people, when you suffer with illnesses too.

You ask for nothing in return, except a few pounds subscription fee. Solicitors and others would charge a lot more for the services you give.

Thank you again, we would be lost without this site.

More
6 years 11 months ago #189465 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic Waste of time and money
I am really sorry Peter that you have lost your appeal. The mods on here give their time freely and they are in the same position as everyone else they also have illness to deal with. I for one have found this site invaluable with a wealth of information i have just renewed my subscription. I may not post any questions until i need help but i always have a look at the forum just to have a look at whats happening with everyone. As i said at the start i am sorry that you lost your appeal but this site can only guide us and give us as much information to help us as they can. At the end of the day we are all at the mercy of the DWP/Tribunal making the decision if we are successful with our applications and that's something the mods cant help with.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.