× Members

Four cancellations - harassment?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Four cancellations - harassment?
lalita

As I have been telling another member, it is not enough to attend an assessment you must also participate subject to the limitations of your conditions, what they are saying to you is that if you take the Valium, you may not be able to participate in the assessment and as it was a conscious decision on your part to do so, they will class you as failing to attend.

If this is the second appointment booked and the previous one was moved at your request, then they will return your file to the DWP.

I'm afraid you need to consider how you approach this assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lalita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192413 by lalita
Replied by lalita on topic Four cancellations - harassment?
OMG, so if I follow my doctors instructions I'll be screwed, the welfare rights officer from the Autistic Society said take the medication but hand them a note saying it may affect your ability to answer or be able to complete a physical. So my dear Tory mp Is my only hope, appealing to the chief exec of Atos. Thank you so much for telling me, I could be shooting myself in the foot , no one else has told me that. I'll talk to Tory boy tomorrow and tell him. Thanks again.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192421 by lalita
I spoke to Atos this morning, the complaint handler on my case, they parked it til they get the docs info and speak to her, which is good. They promised me if the doc told me to take the 10 mg of valiumI won't be penalised, it'll go to show the state of my mental health. I made her promise to write that info she gave me on my records. What do you think, I'm pretty confused now?

More
6 years 9 months ago #192432 by Gordon
lalita

Unfortunately claimants get mixed messages when they talk to the people on the claim lines, one person will say one thing and another, something else.

Hopefully the documentation that you have sent will sort everything out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #192532 by lalita
I had a call this morning from Atos, she asked me a couple of questions, she had spoken to a gp at my practise on Friday and had a report from them, then unbelievably she said she had enough info and my benefits would remain at higher levels for both mobility and care. Thank you so much for helping me on my fight. Two and a half months of facing assessments, one after another, has had a seriously detrimental affect on my health, now I can focus on recovering back to where I was, which is quite challenging enough. To anyone with severe anxiety about the assessment, point out the meds you're taking and how they'll affect you during the assessment, just make sure it's under a doctor's instructions.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192564 by Gordon
lalita

A word of caution, if you spoke to someone from ATOS then they do not make the Decision, this is the DWP, although I would be surprised if they did not follow the ATOS advice.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.