× Members

PIP disaster help needed / Assessment tomorrow

More
6 years 9 months ago #192390 by chumsmum
Hi Im having a complete meltdown tonight and wondered if you can help.
I was originally on DLA and invited to move to PIP - Community Law came and filled form in and took it away to send off with my evidence.
Had a phone call monday from Capita to say that they had a short notice appointment for this morning at 9am - I hadnt received my copy form back from Community Law at that point (received it yesterday morning). Heres where the panic sets in ...
1) I realised upon reading the copy the advisor had not ticked the boxes on some of the questions but had filled in additional information - when I asked her about this she said it would be ok as the additional info section for each question was filled in - Im not sure about this - what do you think?
2) The assessor never turned up - no phone call from Capita - when I phoned them they apologised and made the appointment for tomorrow
3) Whilst reading the form again I realised that some of my supporting evidence was missing - rang DWP and they said they had not received it - they said as I had an assessment tomorrow it really was a bit late but were very surprised i was getting an assessment as they had only received my form on 20th. One person said it would need to be with them within next few days but really it was too late - another said as long as its received next week it "should" be ok. However I have learnt tonight that if you send in further evidence after form it is considered a new claim - can you help me on whether its too late? whether a few days is long enough to get it to them.
I asked DWP could I not give it to assessor again mixed reaction - no I couldnt and yes I could but they doubt whether the assessor will pass it on to them.
So basically Im missing boxes being ticked / short notice appt that then didnt happen / missing supporting evidence / can I pass supporting documents to assessor
Any help to reassure me tonight would be most appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #192403 by Gordon
Peanut

Just a quick note about the assessment, you are not required to accept any short notice appointment you are entitled to seven days written notice. Unfortunately as you accepted it, you now have no choice but to attend as it will count against you if now cancel.

You can supply the information to the assessor when you see them, make it clear that you are providing a copy which they can retain and include in your file when they return it to the DWP.

I would also send a copy directly to the DWP with a covering letter, the address will be the same as on the original PIP invitation letter. You can continue to send evidence until the Decision is made. It is most certainly not classed as starting a new claim!

There's a section at the back of the PIP Claim guide that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chumsmum

More
6 years 9 months ago #192409 by chumsmum
Replied by chumsmum on topic PIP disaster help needed / Assessment tomorrow
thank you Gordon - thats made me feel more relaxed (well as relaxed as you can be the second night in a row before an assessment) wonder if the person will turn up tomorrow? or will it be another cancellation?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.