× Members

PIP review

More
6 years 9 months ago #192825 by Bamboozal
PIP review was created by Bamboozal
Afternoon, I'll try and be as brief as I can, I'm looking for advise concerning my husbands PIP review, which was completed and returned in Feb this yr and still no decision made.

PIP review form received in Jan returned in Feb, 5 mths ago, husbands conditions deteriorated in the 3 yrs since last award but treatment and investigations were not complete at time of PIP review.so informed them that would send extra evidence when we recieved it, although other evidence and GP report was submitted with the form.

F2F in May, thats 9 weeks ago, obtained the PA4 2 weeks after assessment,on reading it there were contradictions in thr assesors answers from one question to the next and untruths but thought I would address them on receiving award notice if appropiate. On phoning PIP after no decsion after 3 wks was informed they were waiting for additional supporting evidence from us and that a decision was imminent once they recieved it, so I forwarded the consultants evidence and also pointed out the untruths contained in the PA4 at the same time. I have rung every week since, had call backs from them saying its with the decsion maker, a decsion is imminent, they have recieved evidence its been scanned on file but they have had to get another AP report that they have now recieved back, infact thats the same story every time I ring up for the last 4 weeks. On ringing today, they say that AP report not been scanned on system but the decsion maker has all the details and to ring back in 3 wks!!! They also said that once a decsion has been made they will text my husband automatically, I'm not holding my breath and feel that this is getting stupid now, in 3 wks that will be 22 wks since returning the form and 12 wks after the F2F, is this normal? it did take only 3 mths from start of claim to award 3 yrs ago,

Your help would be much appreciated

Bam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #192839 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
Bamboozal

Your situation is certainly unusual, we normal expect a PIP Decision to take 2-4 weeks from the assessment, unfortunately I can't offer any advice on how to progress the matter, there is no required timescale for a Decision to be made within and from your post there appears to have been some to and fro between you, the DM and the assessor, all of which will have added to the time.

If you are satisfied that the DM has all of the information that they need then the only thing I can suggest is for you to involve your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bamboozal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.