× Members

PIP Result bad news

More
6 years 9 months ago #193145 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP Result bad news
If you do challenge the decision and end up appealing to the tribunal, you can request a paper hearing which you do not have to attend. The success is lower than an oral hearing but less traumatic if you cannot face the panel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nasus76

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193188 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic PIP Result bad news
I didn't send any new evidence to my MR appeal, I did post that I would at a later date but they didn't give me time they reviewed it so quick. However, no matter as it's just a process to get to a proper tribunal hearing and I've had months to really get my teeth into it.
Please don't give up.

More
6 years 9 months ago #194061 by Nasus76
Replied by Nasus76 on topic PIP Result bad news
I have sent in a letter requesting an MR plus two extra pieces of evidence which conteract what was given as a reason why I was not awarded points for the planning a journey part. I sent it 1st class (signed for) last week. I rather epected it to have been delivered last Friday but on checking online this morning it isn't showing as having been delivered. Should I ring DWP and request MR and state that I have posted a request and extra evidence already? The deadline to be able to request an MR is this Saturday!

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #194080 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Result bad news
Hi,

I have had occasions where something is showing as not signed for but, on contacting Royal Mail, have discovered that it has been delivered. So I suggest this should be your first step.

If it then appears that your letter really has not been delivered, it will be worth contacting DWP as you have suggested.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 9 months ago #194081 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Result bad news
Nasus

It can't hurt to make the phone call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #194082 by Nasus76
Replied by Nasus76 on topic PIP Result bad news
Thank you for your replies. I have just checked again and apparently the letter was delivered this morning. Should I receive something from DWP confirming that they are doing a MR and is it true that they will try to ring me to explain their decision and dissuade me from continuing? I work part-time so could easily miss a call.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.