× Members

Indef DLA to PIP advise please

More
6 years 9 months ago #193266 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please
Thank you Gordon.
I had a look through the 33 pages of the form but not the guide yet.
I can see it is a daunting and depressing task.
Do you know of case/s since the start of PIP when a claimant was awarded PIP (after sending in a completed PIP2) without an assessment or F2F?
Do you know whether the supporting evidence (medical/physio/carer/ therapists) required for PIP is different from those required for the DLA?
Would PIP assessors only want to see medical evidence and discard non-medical ones?
Evelyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193281 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please
Evelyn

An award can be made without a face to face being done, but it probably only happens in 10% of claims and is usually dependant on the quality of the information in and with the PIP2.

PIP has very different criteria from DLA, that does not mean that evidence for DLA cannot be used but it may not address the PIP criteria in the way that you need it to., for example DLA looks at the amount of care needed whereas PIP looks at the severity of your problems.

As PIP looks at a claimants functional problems it does not always to medical evidence that is needed but it really depends on your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193285 by Evelyn
Thank you Gordon
When you say, 'DLA looks at the amount of care needed whereas PIP looks at the severity of your problems' do you mean the 'severity of the illness' or the 'severity of the physical symptoms/presentation'?
Evelyn

More
6 years 9 months ago #193296 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please

Evelyn wrote: do you mean the 'severity of the illness' or the 'severity of the physical symptoms/presentation'?
Evelyn

PIP looks at your ability to complete specific activities, the more severe the limitations that result from your conditions, then the more likely you are to score points.

This is all explained in the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193303 by Evelyn
Thank you Gordon.
I will read through the gudie and see whether I can face calling DWP later.
Many thanks for all your help, same to all the other Mods for all your hard work and time to give the sometimes life saving advice.
I cannot stress the importance of B&W and the forum with the Mods' helpful advice and support.
I know I cannot do without this site.
Evelyn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.