× Members

Face to face assessment

More
6 years 8 months ago #195236 by sue77
Replied by sue77 on topic Face to face assessment
Thanks Gordon. I was going to write to my GP & ask her if she'd write to request a home assessment however she's away until after my face to face. I'm seeing another GP this afternoon.....1st time and will ask if they can help or perhaps another doctor who's seen me before.

I've reread my ESA50 form this morning only to be reminded that it does ask if you need a home visit etc at the end....completely forgot and at the time it didn't occur to me to ask where the assessment might be......just asked for close toilet facilities.

Do I need to consider recording it wherever it may be? If so how best to go about that...I see they mention it in their leaflet.

Thank you

Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #195267 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face to face assessment
HI Sue,

If you do go to an assessment centre, you can ask for your assessment to be recorded. Get this written request in as soon as you can.

I don't know what the current situation is regarding recording home assessments, I suspect you might have to do this yourself (you will still need to get permission from the Assessment Provider). You would need to produce 2 recordings at the same time - one for you and for for the AP - members have had some success with buying 2 cassette recorders or CD recorders. Digital recordings are not allowed.

There is nothing to stop you from carrying out a covert recording but you must be aware that the result of this being detected would be for the assessment to be stopped and your file returned to DWP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue77

More
6 years 8 months ago #195268 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face assessment
Sue

It's up to you whether you want the assessment recorded, you can ask Maximus to do this there is a template letter you can use in the ESA section, doing so may result in your current appointment being moved by Maximus.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sue77

More
6 years 8 months ago #195324 by sue77
Dear Mrs Hurtyback and Gordon

Thank you for the information regarding recording and i will send a letter requesting this. Will this antagonise them? As much as anything it will be a good reminder of what was said as memory's poor.
Saw a different GP this afternoon as mine's on leave and who's more than happy to write requesting a home assessment.....I'm hoping that'll be ready to go on Monday. As a result of listening to the GP's experiences with assessments I asked if I could collect the letter and then I'll post it recorded delivery....just in case.
I have a dog....I'm guessing if I receive a home assessment I'll need to be mindful about the assumptions they might make?

Thank you both for being so generous with your time and knowledge,,,it makes a huge difference to me .....will sleep better tonight!!

Sue
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
6 years 8 months ago #195326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face assessment
Sue

Requesting the assessment is recorded won't antagonise anybody, one of the things Maximus has to do is allocate an assessor who is willing to be recorded.

Gordon

More
6 years 8 months ago #195327 by sue77
Ok thanks Gordon. It seems sensible to record it....is there a reason why people started to do this? I guess it's an accurate record of what actually happens too.
Sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.