× Members

Pip medical

More
6 years 7 months ago #197206 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical
Thanks for the update Baz.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197340 by baz4449
Replied by baz4449 on topic Pip medical
Got my Brown envelope today. Care still the same at Standard rate but Mobility has been increases from standard to enhanced. On checking the payments the letter says mobility is paid at £22 not £58 . I phoned to query this and they had no answer, so they would get the case manager to look at this and write to me. Due to my excitement of getting PIP re granted I never managed to read the back page. It reads :- The law says we cannot award or increase the mobility part of PIP for claimants aged 65 or over. Whilst I accept your ability to walk had worsened I cannot look at your award as this happened after you reached 65. Therefore you will still receive standard rate of PIP to help with your mobility needs.
Although most of my medical reports are pre aged 65 with a few post 65 it seems that as I applied for a renewal after I'm 65 this rule stands.
The words "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" spring to mind as I have at least got something.
Thanks to you and your colleagues at Benefits and Work for all your assistance and knowledge that at least got me this far.
If I get a response letter I'll let you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
6 years 7 months ago #197353 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical
Baz

A muted congratulations on the award, but a very well done for getting it.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197639 by baz4449
Replied by baz4449 on topic Pip medical
After last weeks brown envelope and a call to DWP regarding the payment of mobility at standard rate I got another brown envelope today. This one says my mobility component is now 10 points not 12 as per last weeks assessment. Now I’m on standard rate not enhanced rate.
I phoned them again to ask what sudden miracle has happened in the last seven days that now I can walk a greater distance.
I was put through to my assessor who said that I should not have had another brown envelope,it’s just that their system cannot pay standard rate to an enhanced person. I was still on enhanced but as I’m over 65 I’m not allowed the payment for this ,so they have to input me as standard rate whilst making a note to themselves that I’m enhanced.
A simple letter to explain this was all that was required they said,but again the system cannot manage this. Confused!!
To sum it all up. You are enhanced but cannot have the money. We have a system that cannot recognise this. We have a system that doesn’t write letters. We sent envelopes out that we shouldn’t send. Ignore all latest letters we sent. When claiming anything ie vehicle tax,blue badge tell them your enhanced.
Sad thing is their running the country.
At least that’s it for another five years.........maybe.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197656 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical
Sadly, DWP have never been known for the clarity of their communications! :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.