× Members

My PIP claim (ADHD, eczema, social anxiety)

More
6 years 7 months ago #196818 by Ellen
With my anxiety /ASD/OCD I was originally given b for the going out- I appealed ( it was before the march change)- I argued for d but they gave me e in the end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196839 by Hayley
Replied by Hayley on topic My PIP claim (ADHD, eczema, social anxiety)
Hi Gordon, I'm afraid I'm confused again. I was asking if they'll use my anxiety to get out of awarding me descriptor f, I didn't mention wanting descriptor e in my last post.

Descriptor b is about needing only prompting to undertake a journey, that doesn't apply to me at all and I don't see how it's relevant. :(

I'm sorry to hear that Abby, my partner got the same (e) but since we applied after they changed it, that was the best we could hope for, especially when he "only" has severe anxiety and depression in their eyes, not a cognitive impairment.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196855 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My PIP claim (ADHD, eczema, social anxiety)
Hayley

Your earlier posts talked bout your not being able to go out without someone else with you this implies that you need some level of support to be able to go out in the first place, but if you do not think that this comes under the heading of prompting then don't include the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayley

More
6 years 7 months ago #196856 by Hayley
Thank you Gordon, I understand now. I'll not include the anxiety part and only needing help to follow a route due to my cognitive impairment. :)

I visited my GP and therapist today, both said they would not provide letters. The GP said he'd do a print out of my conditions and medications and that would be sufficient, the rest was up to me to explain how the conditions affect me. I wasn't really happy with this outcome but I left it as he helped me with other things today. I can always try and a different GP I guess. Do you think an actual letter would help more than just the printout? My partner got two for his application, but we are registered at different surgeries.

My therapist was willing to fill in a prepared sheet which is better than nothing at least. :)

Thanks again, so much! I'll reply to this thread if I have further questions, but I think I can handle the others. I'll update when I next have an outcome on my claim. :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #196858 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My PIP claim (ADHD, eczema, social anxiety)
Hayley

Unless your GP is willing to express their opinions about your problems in completing the PIP activities, rather than just the medical conditions that you have then any letter they produce may not add greatly to your claim.

There is a GP Notes document in the PIP section which may be useful for your therapist.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayley

More
6 years 7 months ago #197039 by Hayley
Hi Gordon, thanks for your reply. I'm aware of what I'm writing on the form now, but I'm panicking about a F2F. Specifically if they ask me if I use a satnav.

Thanks. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.