× Members

PIP assessment

More
6 years 7 months ago #197209 by digitalrace
PIP assessment was created by digitalrace
Hello
I am in process of applying for PIP. After recent illness I am left with various physical disabilities on top of preexisting mental health issues. Because of physical issues I am having quite a lot of input from social services physio and phycological help. If I am having help from these various sources (which I am not paying for) would DWP assume that I do not need money from PIP because help/support is already being funded?

Also because of my disabilities social services have supplied some aids/appliances. I have had to purchase some further aids and will have to purchase more in future. I am wondering if it would help me score points and indicate the range and severity of disabilities if I noted the aids supplied by social services and the aids I have purchased myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197210 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment
Hi c,

DWP will not be interested in what you do with your money, be that PIP or anything else.

You should certainly tell them about your aids as this can gain points. This is explained in the PIP guide.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: digitalrace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.