× Members

Mobility

More
6 years 6 months ago #200029 by Ruger2012
Replied by Ruger2012 on topic Mobility
Hi I received a letter from capita today they have arranged a house visit even though I never requested one is this normal? Could you advise will they need access to bathroom/bedrooms etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #200034 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mobility

Ruger2012 wrote: Hi I received a letter from capita today they have arranged a house visit even though I never requested one is this normal? Could you advise will they need access to bathroom/bedrooms etc

It's not normal but it's also not that unusual. It is a recognition that your conditions would limit your ability to attend at their offices.

They are a visitor in your home so they can only go where you allow them to, saying that, the vast majority of assessors have no interest in looking around the claimants home.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruger2012

More
6 years 5 months ago #200634 by Ruger2012
Hi had my home assesment yesterday they told me it would take between 1-2 months for a descision to be sent out is it possible to get a copy of the assessors report or will I have to wait for the descision letter

More
6 years 5 months ago #200637 by Gordon

Ruger2012 wrote: Hi had my home assesment yesterday they told me it would take between 1-2 months for a descision to be sent out is it possible to get a copy of the assessors report or will I have to wait for the descision letter

Give it a couple of days and you should be able to request the report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

We would expect a Decision to be made in 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruger2012

More
6 years 5 months ago #200681 by Ruger2012
Hi am in northern Ireland it's the department of communities that looks after pip here would it be the same process by by contacting them for a copy of the report

More
6 years 5 months ago #200693 by Gordon

Ruger2012 wrote: Hi am in northern Ireland it's the department of communities that looks after pip here would it be the same process by by contacting them for a copy of the report

It should be.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.