× Members

ESA Mandatory reconsideration and UC

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #210370 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic ESA Mandatory reconsideration and UC
I just want to say a very big thank you for help I have receivedfrom the site.
My tribunal was on Wednesday and I won the appeal.
When I was told there would be someone from the dwp in the room my heart sank.

I was shaking like a leaf when I went into the room. There was a judge ( if that's the right title) and a Doctor.
The judge explained what was happening and then the doctor asked me loads of questions. When he finished the lady from the dwp was asked what she would like to submit.
I could not hear her I just heard something about work focused group.

I was told to go out while they came to there decision. They did say if i found it too distressing I could go home and they would write to me.
I said I would wait and returned to the waiting room.

I was called in about 10 minutes later and was told my appeal had been successful.
They said I would not need to go to a work focused group.
I was given the paper work that stated I had 18 points all for mental health.

I am not sure how I would have coped without my freinds, family and this site.
I can now continue with my recovery.
Keep up the good work and again Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #210381 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mandatory reconsideration and UC
Patrick

That's brilliant news, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call just to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @ESA @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.