× Members

PIP- Tribunal Success but New Battle commences!

More
5 years 1 month ago #228685 by Gordon

Alex wrote: Don't know if I made a mess of this but can't find my post from Monday - should I redo?

There are no outstanding posts from Monday and this is the only post registered in the forum since you last posted some 15 months ago.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228733 by AlexBloomsbury
Replied by AlexBloomsbury on topic PIP- Tribunal Success but New Battle commences!
Sorry - goodness knows what I did, still in a state re the latest DWP letter/tel calls

Only a year since the Tribunal (max points for both after zero on Assessment + I now have to (re) apply for PIP. Stupidly, after the Minister's statement last summer that people who have been “awarded the highest level of support under PIP”; and “whose needs are expected to stay the same or increase” will have a "light touch" 10 year review, I thought that, since I definitely qualified (highest level of support + unchangeable/increased needs) this would apply to me.
I contacted the DWP this morning (4 calls to date, one hung up on me and the last after a very long discussion said he’d call me back - 2 ½ hours later, he hasn’t!

However, the substance of his call was that although “they” knew of the Ministerial statements (initially he denied them) they don’t have to follow them. He also said (looking at my records) that they didn’t have to follow the Tribunal’s Decisions either!

Just to make life even worse/more complicated, I'm now being investigated for 3 further medical "problems": one is almost certainly OK but the other two are not. I know one is supposed to report "changes in condition" to the DWP but the form is horrendous and, since the definitive diagnoses have not yet be made, I’m loath to do so until then as more tests, appointments etc are in the offing!

As with many of your subscribers, the thought of going through this again - including a year's wait for the Tribunal - is sending me to panic overdrive. Have there been any definitions/examples anywhere of this "light touch "view, do you know what’s happened when anyone did ask the DWP?

Sorry again!!!!

More
5 years 1 month ago #228748 by Gordon
Alex

Whilst you might qualify for a Light Touch review in the future it is clear that you do not currently or your award would not be subject to review at this time.

Which form have you received; a new PIP2 or the shorter AR1 Review form?

You need to deal with the form you have, the PIP Claim guide covers both forms.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228920 by AlexBloomsbury
Replied by AlexBloomsbury on topic PIP- Tribunal Success but New Battle commences!
Thanks Gordon - several grim tel calls to DWP later (one cut off, another promising to call me back - didn't) but, finally, was told that my case "was being looked at". Totally contrary to the first call + chances v v remote but better than nothing.

MP also now on the case - has previously been brilliant so, at least, it's good that the issue is being further highlighed to the DWP.

I'm to receive the PIP2 - should I be receiving the AR1?

Again, many thanks!

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #228941 by Gordon
Alex

The form is down to the DWP and what they think is appropriate, if the last Decision was made by a Tribunal panel then it is not unusual for a PIP2 to be issued in preference to the AR1.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexBloomsbury

More
4 years 10 months ago #233256 by foxie
Replied by foxie on topic DLA to PIP- Tribunal Success
Thats fab news!.. who are hand holders from PSU please feeling i may need one my assessors report wasnt good not had a decision through yet x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.