× Members

Face2Face

More
5 years 11 months ago #213187 by Deputydawg10
Replied by Deputydawg10 on topic Face2Face
Hi Gordon,
Just an update. As expected my DLA went down when I applied for PIP.
Lower rate mobility to no award. Higher rate care to lower rate care.
I've requested a mandatory reconsideration. Returned for 6th April.
Text on 20th April to acknowledge MR request. Should hear within 6 weeks.
Today I've received a text saying ""we've received the written report of you PIP assessment.We will write to once we've made a decision. Should hear from us within 4 weeks".
Have you any idea what they mean by "written report of your PIP assessment" please?
This all began last September. Dread the prospect of going to a Tribunal.
My Consultant who has known me for 16 years has retired. If they've requested a written report from my new Consultant he's only met me twice & quite dismissive.
Hope you can throw some light.
Kind Regards
Mickey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #213193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face2Face
MM

There have been a lot of misleading letters and texts reported on the forum recently, if you have had a Decision then the text has been sent in error.

Did you expect to score 12 points for Daily Living? How many did you actually score?

What did you score for Mobility and for which activity?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #213229 by Deputydawg10
Hi Gordon
Thanks for getting back so quickly.
I scored 11 for daily living
4 for mobility in the first section going out.
I submitted my MR on 6/4/18.
Got text re they were reconsidering.
Then the one today “we now have your PIP written report “ We contact you in next 4 weeks. Don’t know what DWP mean about written report.
Long term Consultant just retired.
New Consultant. Dismissive & only met me twice.
So I don’t know if DWP have written to him
Hoping the messages DWP have sent make some sense to you. Please see previous message which includes what they’ve said & when.
I had indefinite DLA award.
High rate Care & lower rate mobility.
PIP awarded for 3 years.
Low rate Care. Think call it standard rate. No award at all for mobility.
So My benefit has been cut by 50%.
Looking like an appeal to Tribunal May be needed as MR doesn’t bode well
Many Thanks
Mickey

More
5 years 11 months ago #213235 by Gordon
MM

So you will probably need to score an extra two points, as there is only one other Descriptor that scores you the one pint (it actually scores 3). Can you reasonably see where you would score those extra points.

For Mobility you have been assessed as needing prompting to undertake a journey. Do you go out and how frequently? If you do then you will struggle to show that you meet the higher Descriptor for cannot undertake a journey.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deputydawg10

More
5 years 11 months ago #213244 by Deputydawg10
I never leave the house unaccompanied.
Psychiatrist. GP & Face2face physio assessor confirmed this.
Due to my mental state. I can’t use public transport at all.
I can’t undertake a journey on foot either.
Can only travel by our car or trusted persons. Never by Taxi.
I have a diagnosed cognitive impairment since 2007. Affects my processing speed & ability to retain information.
Had I been assessed as per supporting evidence I believe my benefits should be unchanged from DLA rate.
In fact I’ve deteriorated much further since my indefinite DLA award.
I focussed on the specific areas of dispute for MR.
I don’t know what this PIP assessment written report they say they now have might be.
Having texted in April saying they are processing MR. Their decision should be within 6 weeks.
Then this text about written report arrived out of the blue yesterday. Saying should hear in a further 6 weeks or more.
Can’t decide if they’re incompetent or putting me under stress to make me give up.
Thought now of maybe needing to go to tribunal 3rd stage fills me with dread.
Physio Face2face report contradicted himself at every turn.
My wife became my sister as report progressed.
PIP assessor & Face2face Were purely copy & paste from start to finish.
Masses of supportive evidence was either not read or dismissed.

I can’t cook any meal due to my mental state.

More
5 years 11 months ago #213246 by Gordon
MM

But you do leave the house, albeit with someone else? If you do then you are going to struggle to show that you cannot undertake a journey. Do you have problems following a route?

As I said in my previous post, I think the text was sent in error.

The criteria for DLA and in particular Higher Rate Care is very different from that used for PIP, in fact there is no equivalent to reasons HRC was awarded in PIP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.