× Members

Contribution based esa (support group) meeting

More
6 years 2 months ago #207275 by shandy
Hi, I am 64 years old in September 2018, I have terminal cancer (Multiple Myeloma) and still in treatment. I have been getting contribution based esa for 9 years and dla, now pip. I have received a letter from DWP to say 'We are reviewing you benefits and Circumstances' and I have to go for a mandatory meeting in March and take all bank statements for me and my partner and any pensions, premium bonds etc. Why would I have to show these when I am on contribution based benefits ? I am worried I might loose my benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207283 by Gordon
Shandy

I'm afraid we see these a lot, it's possible that some transactions have been flagged up, are you receiving any pension income?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207296 by shandy
Yes I have a small pension which I have notified them about. I have just rung them as on the day of the interview I have my cancer treatment. The lady said they have information I might have been doing some work ( I wish !!) and the lady I need to speak to is on annual leave so she is leaving me a message to ring me on her return. What an absolute joke, I have terminal cancer and I was rushed to A & E yesterday with a suspected heart attack / blood clot, how can I work !!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #207311 by Gordon

shandy wrote: Yes I have a small pension which I have notified them about. I have just rung them as on the day of the interview I have my cancer treatment. The lady said they have information I might have been doing some work ( I wish !!) and the lady I need to speak to is on annual leave so she is leaving me a message to ring me on her return. What an absolute joke, I have terminal cancer and I was rushed to A & E yesterday with a suspected heart attack / blood clot, how can I work !!!

Is it possible that someone has made a malicious report? Are you attending the hospital regularly for treatment and someone has confused why you are leaving the house?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #207321 by shandy
Thanks for the reply Gordon, yes I have regular blood tests, treatment days and consultant meetings. The lady also said they were checking to see if anything had changed and I told her no, then she said it wasn't her case and the lady wasn't back until Monday. I have asked my consultant's secretary for a letter to say that my condition hadn't changed and she is sending one out to me. I also have a card with all my appointments on it , so I will speak to her when she rings me on Monday. Just feeling really fed up, yesterday I was rushed to A & E with chest pains as they suspected heart attack or blood clot, luckily at the end of the day it was neither, but this is the last thing I need - I wish I could work, I wouldn't have to deal with DWP

More
6 years 2 months ago #207323 by Gordon
Shandy

I'm afraid benefits are a poor substitute for good health.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: shandy, ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris