× Members

Incapacity Benefit occupational pension pre 2001

More
6 years 1 month ago #208836 by AnnieA
Thank you for your advice Gordon & everyone else who has contributed on this thread and others. I finally took the plunge today, made the call & once the advisor checked my records she confirmed that my pension was always dis-regarded under Invalidity and Incapacity benefits, so it's dis-regarded under ESA.

It was such a relief, even though I [knew/i] I should be okay, it's so difficult when those brown envelopes arrive. The advisor was amazed that this is the first time I've received one. She said they're computer generated. I wonder how much money they waste in postage, stationery and staff time every year?

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all, I'm so glad I discovered this website in 2012. Annie:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227336 by suepc
I've just received one of these letters for the first time & have been in receipt of IB/ESA since 1996, so the information here is very useful. Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.